BASSALEG

Site Home Page

The Village

Bassalleg is a village and extensive parish on the river Ebbw, in the hundred of Wentloog, distant three miles from Newport, and formerly included the hamlets of Duffryn and Graig, and Rogerstone. (The latter has now absorbed the civil parish of Bassalleg). It is in the petty sessional division, union and county-court district of Newport, rural deanery of Bassalleg, and Archdeaconry of Newport. It has two railway stations, viz., the Western Valleys (G.W.R.) and the Brecon and Merthyr section of the G.W.R., stationmaster, John Barker. Tredegar House, the seat of the Right Hon. Viscount Tredegar, D.L., J.P., the lord of the manor, stands on the south side of the Cardiff road.

Johns Newport Directory 1939


MEMORIALS AND MONUMENTS

MONUMENTAL INSCRIPTIONS

PARISH RECORDS

Baptisms

Marriages

Burials

CENSUS RECORDS

TRADE DIRECTORIES

John's Newport 1939

MISCELLANEOUS

LINKS


End of page