The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA)
- More than 12,000 projects obligated
- More than 8,000 projects under construction
- More than 2,200 projects completed
- Total obligated funds for 50 states and the District of Columbia: $26.6 billion
as of March 11, 2010
The ARRA provides significant new funding for transportation infrastructure. Information to assist state and local agencies to implement transportation projects can be found on FHWA's ARRA website.
TIGER II Notice of Funding Availability
Interim Notice of Funding Availability for the Department of Transportation's National Infrastructure Investments Under the Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act for 2010; and Request for Comments. For more information, go to the U.S. DOT TIGER II page.
- Nation's Top Highway Official Breaks Ground on $22 Million Bridge Replacement near Baltimore, 5/14/2010
- Federal and State Officials Break Ground On Delaware's Largest Recovery Act Project, 5/14/2010
- U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood Announces $1 Million in Emergency Relief Funds for Connecticut, 5/3/2010
- Nation's Top Highway Official Joins Kentucky Governor to Celebrate Louisville Highway Projects, 4/29/2010