Services for Distance Education
- Anywhere Access to GALILEO: search for journal articles in GALILEO databases from off-campus
- Live Help: chat Online with a librarian or email a reference question to a librarian
- GIL Express Service: borrow books from any University System of Georgia School as picked up and returned by you at the University System of Georgia library that is nearest to you or otherwise most convenient for you.
- Journals Tab: search by journal title for electronic and print journals. As a distance education student or faculty, you are eligible for article document delivery service from print journals in the Library's collection as available through logging into ILL - Odum Express to 'Request a Photocopy'
- Library Help: teach yourself or ask us
- Library Instruction for Off-Campus & Online Courses
- Top Ten Services at Odum Library : find out what the top ten services at Odum Library are how to use them
- Video or print tutorials: watch a video tutorial or read a subject guide on how to start your research or search in a database
Eligibility for Services:
VSU students enrolled in VSU Off-Campus courses, BlazeView Online courses, and other Distance Learning courses are eligible for the services detailed on the Information for Students page. Document Delivery (having books and articles ordered through InterLibrary Loan mailed directly to you) is available only to students taking all of their courses at off-campus/online AND living outside Lowndes County. Students taking both on-campus and off-campus courses are asked to come to Odum Library in person to pick up and return interlibrary loan materials.
Mission of Odum Library, Valdosta State University:
The purpose of Odum Library is to be a major educational and cultural resource of the University by providing bibliographic and reference support to the academic programs of the University.
Philosophy of Distance Learning, Off-Campus and Online Library Services:
"Access to adequate library services and resources is essential for the attainment of superior academic skills in post-secondary education, regardless of where students, faculty, and programs are located. Members of the distance learning community are entitled to library services and resources equivalent to those provided for students and faculty in traditional campus settings." (ACRL Guidelines for Distance Learning Library Services)
Information for Faculty
Library resources and services for distance learning/off-campus faculty
Information for Students
Library resources and services for distance learning/off-campus students
Helpful VSU Links:
- Off-Campus Credit Program: includes links to schedule of classes and registration information
- Distance Learning/GSAMS Course Schedule
- Online Courses & Programs at VSU
- VSU Online Bookstore: order your textbooks online!
- Information Technology HelpDesk
- VSU Student Resources