The Walker Room on the lower level of the library is a recreation of John Walker's private library as it existed in his Western Avenue mansion in Pittsburgh. The Walker Room contains a rich collection of books, bookcases, pictures, furniture, chandeliers, and exquisite stained-glass lamps. John Walker was a Pittsburgh industrialist who amassed a fortune in the steel and iron industry. When he died in 1932, he left the bulk of his estate to his family who in turn offered his library and furnishings to Washington & Jefferson College. On March 15, 1933, the Walker Room was dedicated as part of the library.