Sony providing HDC-1500 cameras for FIFA World Cup
Bhavna Mistry, 08 April 2010
Be the first to comment on this article
Five out of the 10 FIFA World Cup 2010 stadia are being kitted out with a total of seven pairs of Sony Professional's HDC-1500 cameras to film 25 matches in 3D throughout the duration of the competition.
Footage will be captured in 3D through Sony's proprietary multi-image MPE-200 processors, which will be housed in the specially designed 3D outside broadcast trucks. The processors will be officially unveiled at next week's NAB broadcast exhibition in the US.
The 3D feed from the 25 matches will be made available for broadcast on 3D channels. ‘Discussions with major broadcasters are ongoing but we can confirm ESPN in the US and Sogecable in Spain as partners for 3D live broadcasts,' said Niclas Ericson, director of FIFA TV.
In addition to television, eight matches will be fed live to 50 digital cinemas and 5 entertainment venues in the UK in a rights deal managed by Swiss-based Aruna Media AG. Specific venue details have yet to be announced.
Soccer City and Ellis Park in Johannesburg, Durban, Cape Town and Port Elizabeth stadia are being fitted out for 3D filming.
Jobs of the week
- EVENT MANAGER - LIVE EVENTS, QATAR, Regan & Dean
- £40000 - 40000 per annum, Qatar
- CONFERENCE AND EVENT OFFICER - INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION, Regan & Dean
- £22500 - 22500 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED AGENCY (YOUTH), Regan & Dean
- Negotiable, London
- Experiential Events and Account Director, whynot! limited
- £35-45k, Soho, London
- Sales Executive - Industry Event, Dragonfly Recruitment
- £20000 - 22000 per annum, London
- Sponsorship Director - Retail Event, Dragonfly Recruitment
- £50000 - 60000 per annum, London
- Field Service Engineer, Focus21
- £30-£40k depending on experience.,
- LIVE EVENTS MANAGER - LUXURY AUTOMOTIVE BRAND - (mat cover) - NW England, Regan & Dean
- Negotiable, North West England
- Senior Customer Care Manager, ESP Recruitment
- £40,000-£50,000 + comm, London
- AV Engineers, DASH Recruitment Solutions
- £35,000 - £45,000 plus benefits, West Sussex