- Radio One's WMMJ (102.3) Washington D.C., cleans house
- In Celebration Of Michael
- Insights for Radio on Google's New Display Ad Network
- 'CSI' Star Robert David Hall Talks Country Music & More
- Is It Time to Designate a Dance CHR Category?
- Charleston, SC: "92.5 The Box" Announces Summer Splash 2010 on July 23rd
- Earthquake Coverage In Western NY: Who Dropped the Ball and Who Didn't
- Rockford. IL: Doug McDuff Returns to WNTA AM 1330 for Morning Drive - Discussion
- Looking for a Job in Radio? Get the Word Out for Free on Our Jobs Board!
Chattanooga's "River" turns into a CHR "Kiss"
Clear Channel’s soft AC “River” WURV, Walden, TN (103.7) had grown to a 2.2 share, total week AQH 12+ share. But Chattanooga’s long-dominant CHR, Bahakel’s WDOD-FM, (106.5) posted a 6.8 and was fifth, and that was apparently too tempting for Clear Channel. It shelved “The River” going into the Labor Day weekend and kicked off a CHR “Kiss”, with a 20,000 song opening stunt. Ironically – Bahakel has the rights to the Clear Channel/Premiere Ryan Seacrest syndicated show. The East Tennessee Board is talking about the new CHR battle, here.
Previous and Next Stories
- Format Flips
- $25,000 reward being offered, after "Eco-terrorists" claim they toppled ...
- Legendary sports broadcaster Ernie Harwell has incurable cancer
- In Dallas, KDBN goes top 40 as i93 - "Today's Hit Music"
- Radio Remembers: Rhode Island engineer Ed Policastri; BBC's Pamela Reed
- Radio in England:
- Making Moves: Friday Afternoon
- Radio Around the World:
- Sports is out, "Quality Rock" is in at Macon, Georgia's WIFN
- Detroit says 'bye to country WDTW and welcomes "106.7 The Beat"
- FBI may investigate the case of a tower intentionally toppled at Allento...
- Radio 2's Terry Wogan to leave the BBC's "Wake Up With Wogan"
- Beth Davis is the new President & Market Manager for Clear Channel-St. L...
- Venezuela will take over another 29 privately-owned radio stations this ...
- Florida station loses a tower - but not to vandalism
- Gabe Hobbs debuts his new "talent management and media innovations company"
- Making Moves: Tuesday Morning
- New York's Z100 gets some 'Bounce at night
- More Labor Day weekend flips & frequency changes:
- Radio Remembers: South Carolina's Billy Smith; Louisiana's Bob Bishop