- Pacifica's KPFT, Houston (90.1) is off the air after power line is cut
- Hang Up That Payphone, Turn Off Your VCR And Listen To Some Really Outdated Lyrics
- First Listen: KZZO (Now 100.5) Sacramento, Calif.
- In Celebration Of Michael
- Insights for Radio on Google's New Display Ad Network
- Rumor: L.A.'s KXOL "Latino 96.3" Flipping This Thursday
- Seattle's Bob Rivers Headed to KIRO? Rumor
- Memphis: EMF Sells WPLX and translator W244BY to Pollack for $250K
- Looking for a Job in Radio? Get the Word Out for Free on Our Jobs Board!
Confirmed: All-sports "Fanatic" debuts on Philadelphia's 97.5
Greater Media may have moved up the simulcast of WPEN (950) and WNUW (97.5), because of the rampant speculation online, at Radio-Info and elsewhere. The market’s first FM sports station hit the air at 5pm Friday (Oct. 9). It’s not just a simulcast of sports WPEN-AM, but a fresh imaging package as “The Fanatic.” That’s a play on the famed Philadelphia Phillies mascot, just as the defending World Series champs are in post-season play. Here’s the lineup: 6-10am, ESPN’s Mike & Mike. 10am-noon, To Be Announced, with Dan Schwartzman and Steven A. Smith as “special guest hosts” for now. Noon-2pm, Harry Mays & Vai Sikahema. 2-7pm, Mike Missanelli. Then a variety of shows in the evening including “The Linebackers Show from Chickie’s & Pete’s” sports bar on Tuesdays, and Sal Paolantonio from Connie Mac’s, Thursdays. “The Fanatic” is also using former Philadelphian Tony Bruno’s “Into the Night” from the Content Factory from 10pm-1am. Then “All Night with Jason Smith”, 1-5am. The target is CBS Radio’s WIP (610), which has been in the format for most of 20 years – which has been beating Great Media rocker WMMR (93.3) with 25-54 men in the recent Arbitron PPMs. The new simulcast ends the days of WNUW, Burlington, NJ (97.5) playing music – most recently as an AC. Join the discussion on the Philadelphia Board.
Previous and Next Stories
- Slacker Radio links up with Twitter, so you can Tweet about your favorit...
- CBS fills the "Energy" gap in San Francisco with a new "Pulse"
- A teenager is suspected in the theft of a Seattle DJ's airplane
- Larry Wilson's Alpha Broadcasting recruits new CFO Donna Heffner
- Emmis says radio revenue fell another 27% in its latest quarter
- Making Moves: Friday Morning
- New York's legendary TV sports anchor Len Berman to join WOR's John Gamb...
- Making Moves: Friday Afternoon
- Radio Around the World:
- Radio in the U.K.:
- It looks like there's deal for Long Island's WLIU (88.3)
- Big budget cuts come to government-funded Radio New Zealand
- Some pro football players are standing firm – they don't want to play fo...
- Controversial law would force broadcast companies to sell stations in Ar...
- Radio Remembers: KSOP, Salt Lake City's Gregory Hilton; Florida's Mike...
- $3 million sale in Odessa-Midland, TX – GAP to ICA Radio
- Making Moves: Monday Morning
- Mike Klein to program Louisville's "Gen X" and "Kiss"
- Westwood One continues to cut costs – and now ten salespeople
- Changes expected today on WFBL (1390) Syracuse