The HiSoftware Cynthia Says portal is a web content accessibility validation solution. It is designed to identify errors in your content related to Section 508 standards and/or the WCAG guidelines. This free tool meant for educational purposes, is an online test which only validates one page at a time. This service will expose you to the underlying technology and the benefits of using HiSoftware's full-featured solutions for automated content compliance and Web governance. To learn more about HiSoftware's enterprise and desktop solutions go to www.hisoftware.com. For specific questions on this online service please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note this demo will test about one (1) page per minute / per site.
Info: Put Cynthia on your site
Completing this form
1. Enter your page to test. This is a required field. example http://www.hisoftware.com/
2. Select your Report Mode: Section 508, WCAG 1.0 Priority 1, WCAG 1.0 Priority 1,2, WCAG 1.0 Priority 1,2,3
3. If you are testing Just Priority One and are not testing for Priority 2 or 3 We still recommend that you test 2 and 3 for the educational value. If you want to do this but do not want to be told that you fail you can check off the Do not fail for Priority 2 and 3 errors, and simply have the Cynthia Agent warn you versus failing the page!
4. The Alternative Text Quality report is a report that looks at the page for some common authoring tool errors or alt text creation errors. If you select this report you will also get this information included with your results.
5. Include File source on accessibility failures - Select this Option if you want the tested files source listed at the bottom of your report when failures are found.
6. Emulate this Browser - This is specifically important for dynamic content. By Default the Cynthia 1.0 Agent is selected. If your page displays different content for Different Browsers you will want to test for Different Browser User agent Strings. Why use the Emulate this Browser Feature
7. Submit the form by using the [Test your site] Button!
Remember to be accessible you must complete both these automated tests and the manual test which are indicated on the report!
The HiSoftware Cynthia Says Portal complies with WCAG 1.0 Priority 1 Guidelines and Section 508 Standards, view our site accessibility statement