As a psychology major, the mind of the human being fascinates me a great deal, and nothing is more interesting than the brain of my fellow gamers. After all, you’re all a bunch of weirdos and borderline psychotics. Did I just lose my only reader?
Well, I stumbled upon some interesting articles that, although a bit dated, still raise a good question that I ask you all: Would you choose video games over sex? Keep on reading to see where this goes
When I say the word sex, I’m not referring to the solitary game you play every 4 hours in the dirty work bathroom. No, I’m talking about knocking boots with another person! Now I know it is shocking that there are people out there that would even think of touching you, but hey, I’m no one to judge.
This topic comes from a study done a few months back by a University in California on a gamer’s preference between their two favorite hobbies. The study involved 100 men, and after much scientific observation the researchers concluded that 67 men enjoyed video games over sex.
Here’s a breakdown of how everything went down: The men were asked to play one of five games they’ve never played before for 30 minutes, no distractions. They then spent 30 minutes with their sweetheart, or whoever they could pick up on the corner on the way over. The scientists noticed a large portion of the men had higher levels of adrenaline while playing games like Gears of War and Super Mario Galaxy compared to doing the nasty with their booty call partner.
From the adrenaline level findings, more men seemed to enjoy the virtual goodies over their lover’s goodies. Yet, only 18% of men said they preferred video games over sex. The other 82% fancy the naked time, so the figures don’t seem to correlate.
As interesting as this is, this study was poorly constructed. Heres why: Endorphins are what most associate with pleasure in the human body, considering getting tortured also raises ones levels of adrenaline. Plus, there are more than 100 gamers in a given radius; there could have been more participants.
Nevertheless, it confirms that there are real people out there who admit that they like video games better than trying to make babies! Here’s more proof: back in 2009, a UK Specialist PlayStation 3 site conducted a survey on 1,130 men. They reported that one in three guys prefer video games over sex. If there was a brand new title involved, it shifted to 75%!
Alright, what’s going on guys? You’re lucky to have a girl like you as it is! You should be grateful they’re letting you get in their pants, so who are you to pass it up when she’s the one feeling frisky for once? As a concerned friend (and a bored writer), I’ve concluded on the several factors that might be to blame.
- Problem: Games are getting more life-like as the years roll around, so the realistic barrier might be overlapping for some of you. Now, with the addition of motion control and 3D added to the mix, you might be a lost cause.
- Solution: Before its too late, grab for the nearest boobs! No matter how authentic an experience feels, nothing beats the real thing or fake, for those girlfriends out there that had upper-level remodeling work done.
- Problem: Games are spontaneous and unexpected, much cooler than sex. If youre saying this to yourself, youre doing it wrong!
- Solution: If youre bored in your relationship, do something about it! Nothing will get fixed if the mechanic doesn’t do his job. Think of ways to spice things up. Otherwise youll be alone wishing you had invested in the stripper pole for the bedroom. As a side note, Im channeling Jax right now for all this sex advice. Promise.
- Problem: Youre old and its your hormones to blame!
- Solution: Scientifically, men are more sexually viable in their 20s. Once the 30s come about, youll notice a difference in where youre attention is at (TV vs. Boobies). Youd rather lounge around then move around.
- Solution: Get healthy you fat slob! I mean, maybe it’s time to use your Wii to get fit enough to USE your “Wii.”
Granted, if you’re that one in three men who prefer video games over sex and want to keep it that way… maybe it’s a good thing you’re not procreating. The purpose of this article is to urge nerds to get laid, because I care! Also because we can’t let those Jersey shore douchebags be the only baby daddies of our future. Happy “gaming”!!