Nigel Mansell will act as the drivers’ representative on the stewards’ panel in the British Grand Prix.
The 1992 world champion won 31 F1 races in a career spanning 1980 to 1995. He also won the 1993 IndyCar title.
More recently Mansell made an ill-fated bid to race in the 2010 Le Mans 24 Hours with sons Leo and Greg. He crashed out following a puncture just a few laps into the race.
The other stewards this weekend are Ron McCabe, who is a member of the Motor Sports Association Judicial Advisory Committee, and FIA WMSC members Lars Österlind and Garry Connelly.
2010 British Grand Prix
- Alonso: we'll catch Red Bull in Germany
- Michael wants Silverstone bumps eased
- Who was the best driver of the British Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)
- Both cars in points (Williams race review)
- Kobayashi takes sixth (Sauber race review)
- Buemi unable to score (STR race review)
- Trulli edges Kovalainen (Lotus race review)
- Glock battles Lotuses (Virgin race review)
- Debris delays Chandhok (HRT race review)
- Kubica's first DNF (Renault race review)