'US-backed agencies behind Iran blasts'
Fri, 16 Jul 2010 23:48:11 GMT
Hezbollah Secretary General Seyyed Hassan Nasrallah has condemned the twin suicide bombings in Zahedan and has said that US-backed intelligence agencies were behind the attack.
Nasrallah condemned the twin suicide bombings that took place in Zahedan and expressed condolences to the people and government of Iran.
Nasrallah said in a statement, "We extend the deepest condolences to the Leader of the Islamic Revolution and to the government and people of the Islamic Republic as well as to the relatives of the victims."
On Thursday July 15, two bombs were detonated in quick succession in front of the Zahedan Grand Mosque.
At least 27 people lost their lives and at least 300 others were injured in the terrorist attack.
Yadollah Javani, head of the political bureau of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC), implicated the US, Israel and some European countries in the bombings, saying that they are seeking division between Shia and Sunni Muslims in order to create chaos in Iran.
The terrorist Jundallah group has claimed responsibility for the attack but analysts say the group is unlikely to have carried out the explosions since it was effectively disbanded after its leader Abdolmalek Rigi was executed in Iran last month.
Extremist Wahhabis and Salafis trained by US intelligence agents in Pakistan are believed to have carried out the bombings.