Magnitude 6.9 - NEW BRITAIN REGION, PAPUA NEW GUINEA
2010 July 18 13:04:11 UTC
- This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
|Depth||42 km (26.1 miles)|
|Region||NEW BRITAIN REGION, PAPUA NEW GUINEA|
|Distances||60 km (35 miles) SSE of Kimbe, New Britain, PNG|
100 km (65 miles) ENE of Kandrian, New Britain, PNG
525 km (325 miles) NE of PORT MORESBY, Papua New Guinea
2400 km (1490 miles) N of BRISBANE, Queensland, Australia
|Location Uncertainty||horizontal +/- 4.4 km (2.7 miles); depth +/- 7.8 km (4.8 miles)|
|Parameters||NST=328, Nph=328, Dmin=522.2 km, Rmss=0.93 sec, Gp= 14°,|
M-type=teleseismic moment magnitude (Mw), Version=7
- Did you feel it? Report shaking and damage at your location. You can also view a map displaying accumulated data from your report and others.
Scientific & Technical Information
The earthquake locations and magnitudes cited in NOAA tsunami statements and bulletins are preliminary and are superseded by USGS locations and magnitudes computed using more extensive data sets.
NOAA Tsunami Bulletins for this Earthquake
- Tsunami Information Statement from the WC/ATWC
- Tsunami Information for Hawaii from the PTWC
- Tsunami Information Bulletin from the PTWC
General Tsunami Information
- Preliminary Earthquake Report
- U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Information Center:
World Data Center for Seismology, Denver