- 8mm2avi - Software which allows the capture of regular 8mm and Super 8mm from a scanner and conversion to .avi files.
- 8mm Film Stock - Sells 8mm and Super8mm film. Includes a brief guide to shooting and processing film.
- Adorama Camera- A source for the pre-paid Kodalux PK-59 Movie Mailers to send Kodachrome film to Kodak Switzerland for processing. $5.59/mailer as of 00/06/20. Online ordering available through the link above. Search for the "KKPK59" in the search box on the homepage (KKPK59 is the SKU [stock keeping unit]).
- Aggressive Media - "...can convert almost any format to Digital Video. Input formats [film]: 8-, 16-, and 35mm. Output formats: BetaSP, 1/2" (VHS), S-VHS, DV, Mini-DV, CD-Rom, DVD, DVD-Rom."
- Andec Filmtechnik Berlin - Super 8mm, 8mm, 16mm, and 35mm film processing, sales, and striping.
- Bavaria Production Services - Ciné - German company which has a variety of specialized gear and services (e.g. a slaveable CD player and the 200ft. Super 8mm film magazine for Nizo/Beaulieu) as well as porcessing and transfers.
- B & B Video Creations - 8mm, Super8mm, and 16mm telecine.
- B&H Photo-Video - A source for the pre-paid Kodalux PK-59 Movie Mailers to send Kodachrome film to Kodak Switzerland for processing. $5.59/mailer as of 00/06/20. Call 800-606-6969 or 212-444-6615 or order online. Search for the product code KOPK59.
- Bill Brand - BB Optics - 16mm, 8mm or Super 8mm positive to 16mm internegative with 16mm color and B&W positive workprints. Cropping, optical zoom, reframing, step printing, multiple exposures, and other effects also available. Please call ahead for an estimate and to schedule work. Bio from Hampshire College.
108 Franklin Street #4W
New York, NY 10013-2951
- Black & Film Factory - Canadian film lab located in Toronto. Specializing in B&W, however they offer most standard lab services.
- Bono Film & Video, Inc. - reversal and negative processing (incl. Fuji E-6 Velvia), ultrasonic film cleaning, printing, transfers, etc.
- Brodsky & Treadway - "Our speciality is very high quality work on 8mm, super 8 and 16mm camera original reversal film black & white or color, new or archival, shrunken, deteriorated or damaged for artists, archivists and television producers. Our work is fully component analog or digital with scene-by-scene color improvements and contrast control to reveal the details in reversal film. We always do wet-gate scratch suppression unless the film is an artist's hand painted original."
- Cine Lab - Processing, printing, transfers, links.
- Cinepost - DaVinci, Rank Turbo, and Wetgate machines.
- Cineric - Wet gate optical blowups of 8mm and Super8mm film to 16mm and 35mm. New York-based.
- Dallas Digital Transfer - Transfers of 8mm, Super 8mm, and 16mm film to DVD, DV, VHS, etc.
- DVD Infinity - Sydney, Australia-based company specializing in transfers to DVD.
- Dwayne's Photo - The only processor of Kodachrome K-14 film outside of Kodak's Switzerland operation. This is where Fuji (and via Fuji Wal-Mart, Target, etc.) send their K-14 film.
- East Anglian Film Archive (EAFA) - Providing both optical step printing of 8mm, Super8mm, 9.5mm, and 16mm to 16mm negative as well as telecine. Rate card for optical step printing is here (21K GIF).
- Eastman-Kodak Homepage - 800/621 FILM or 212/631 3400 to order film.
- Exclusive Film and Video - Toronto, Canada-based company providing developing, telecine, video->film, and rental services.
- Exeter Commercial Video - UK-based telecine - GBP15 for up to 150 ft. (aprox. USD24 as of 00/04/03).
- Fett Videotechnik - Sound striping (main and/or balance stripe), and editing supplies (presstapes, splicing glue). In German - for a translation see Babelfish.
- Film Craft Lab - B&W reversal processing and telecine.
- The Film Emporium - They carry Super8Sounds Pro 8mm negative stock, Kodak reversal stock, as well as Kodak's Vision 200T (7274) for $16.87 (00/05/31). Online ordering.
- filmmaterial.com - German film stock site. Also presstapes, leader, etc. A service of Wittner Kinotechnik.
- Film Rescue International - "At Film Rescue International, processing old and expired film is our business. We specialize in deleted film processes, including still film process C22, E-4, E-2 and K-12, as well as motion picture (home movie) film process K-12, EM25, EM26, ECO-3 and ME-4. We have successfully salvaged images from unprocessed film dating back to the 1930s. The extent of our film salvaging does not stop at the processing of the negative. Special papers and developers are utilized; we are often producing discernible prints from negatives with no discernible image. These factors give us a very high success rate."
- Film-to-Video Re-Productions - Telecine of "8mm / Super 8mm / 16mm home movie film -- with or without sound -- to Digital Video (DV) tape and analogue Video (VHS & S-VHS) tapes."
- Film & Video Transfers, Inc. (formerly known as The Transfer Station) - "[A] full service transfer facility specializing in home consumer 8mm film, and VHS duplication to broadcast quality film."
- Forde Motion Picture Labs - "Whether you film in SUPER 16, 16mm, or 35mm, our film craftsmanship produces the finest in laboratory services - with timely delivery. For that specific look, we process B&W Reversal, B&W Negative, and Ektachrome, as well.
- Franklin Film Lab - LA-area film lab which processes B&W film using a drum-type processor which they built themselves.
- Foto van Puffelen - Processing chemicals. Located in Den Haag, Netherlands. In Dutch.
- Liberty Livewire Call sales at 310/434 7000 for rates and questions on Super 8mm telecine.
- Fuji Processing - For Kodachrome film:
3259 E HARBOUR DR STE 200
PHOENIX AZ 85034-7253
$7.49/roll + shipping (generally $3.20 for one or more rolls)
Ask about their student discounts.
- Halmar Video Services - Telecine.
- Hand Processing Super 8 Film Site
- Home Movies On CD - ":Transfer 8mm film, Super 8 film, VHS video, 8mm video, miniDV and other home movies to DVD, VHS and VideoCD."
- KAHL Media Art Film [German] [English] - German purveyor of all things small-format film.
- Karlstad Film Till Video - Swedish telecine company.
- L.L. Lozeau - Montréal, Québec, Canada-based photographic store which carries Super8mm B&W and Kodachrome film. They also do tranfers to VHS, CD, and DVD and rent editing equipment. Page in French and English.
- THE LOCAL LAB Film Services Ltd. - "We can and do handle virtually every type of motion picture film: Regular 8, Super 8, 16mm and 35mm. We provide a high quality, reasonably priced rapid turnaround service to filmmakers of all types. (Commercials, Documentaries, Dramas, Avante garde, Experimental, Shorts to Features)." Located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- Lux Centre - London-based production house offering telecine using the Cintel MKIII flying spot. Also provides Super 8 Steenbeck and optical printing of Super8mm prints. [Temporarily offline.]
- The Machine Room - London, UK-based post-produciton house offering digital telecine (wet or dry gates).
- MailshotS - UK-based mail order film. Although not listed, they will order Kodachrome and perhaps other stocks.
- MODOpticals - Full, uncompressed digital capture of 8mm and Super 8mm using a pin-registered system. Also, optical blow-ups to 16 & 35mm from Regular 8 & Super8.
- Movie & Sound Firenze - "We have BW developing and printing facilities; we also blow up with wet gate printer from S8mm (negative, positive or reversal) to 16mm or 35mm stock. We can produce reduction print from 16mm to S8mm and make quantity realese prints S8 (high quality with 35mm 4 x S8 system). Telecine facilities are available as well (from any standard!!)"
- The Movie Processing Page - How to process movie film (8mm-35mm).
- MovieStuff - "Using the exclusive DV-8 transfer unit, MovieStuff offers transfers at speeds of 15, 18, 24 and 30 frames per second for both R8 and S8 film, both negative and reversal. [...] We transfer to miniDV, VHS, SVHS and, on special order, BetacamSP."
- Moving Images - Norwegian company providing film stock, equipment, accessories, and telecine for 8mm, Super 8mm, 9.5mm, 16mm, and 35mm at VERY reasonable prices. Page in Norwegian.
- netphotostore - Kodachrome, Plus-X, Tri-X, and PK-59 mailers.
- Noble's Camera Shops - 8mm, Super 8mm, and 16mm telecine.
- PAC Lab Inc. - Super 8mm processing and film sales.
- L.G. Pearce - May offer reperforation services.
Royston Grove, Hatch End,
ENGLAND, U.K. HA5 4HD
Tel: 0181 421 3666
Ringing from the USA dial: 011-44-181-421-3666
- Photographers' Formulary - Photo Processing Kits and Chemicals in Any Amount.
- Photoworld - Temporarily offline.
- Plato Video - UK-based company providing telecine of 8mm, Super8mm, 9.5mm, and 16mm sound or silent film.
- Prep Film Services Lab - 8- and 16mm sales. processing, and transfers.
- Process sequence for Kodak TRI-X Super 8 - Diagrammatic step-by-step processing sequence for B&W reversal films. Includes a page of chemistry.
- Professional Video to DVD Transfers
- Reflix Telecine Services - 8mm, Super 8mm, and 16mm telecine.
- Rocky Mountain Film Lab - "We are the world's premiere developer of antique, esoteric, outdated and old film. If you have it, we can develop it."
- Rushes Post Production - Super 8mm (and most other formats) and to Super D1, D1, D2, Digital Betacam, Betacam SP, Umatic and VHS videotape formats. UK-based.
- Russian spiral processing tanks - LOMO plastic spiral reel tank that will process 8mm, 16mm, and 35mm movie film in two 50 (or 100) foot lengths. 1. Tank UPB-1, UPB-1A $65+$35 shipping; 2. Professional tank $150+$50 shipping; 3. Tank PM-451 $150+$40 shipping. Available from: Olexandr Kalynychenko
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (He comes highly recommended, and also sells a variety of other equipment and B&W film in 8mm, Super 8mm, and DS8mm - email him for details.)
- Santa Barbara Film & Audio - Secure online ordering of Super 8 film.
- John Schwind - 8mm B&W and Color Film on 100 and 25 foot spools. DS8mm FOMAPAN-R 100 B&W film on a 100ft. spool. Super 8 cartridge film. Also 2x8mm Russian film slitter. P.O. Box 1233, Dixon CA 95620-1233 T: 707 678 2942 F: 530 754 8613 E:email@example.com
- Simplepix - 8mm, Super8mm, and Double Super 8mm film stocks as well as future plans to sell Super 8mm cameras.
- Spondon Film Services - UK-based operation including telecine, sound striping, projector repairs (via third party), photographic engineering, projector belts, etc.
- Steps to build the cine film recorder.
- Studio Gamma - Located in Belgium near Liège, and providing internegative blowups from 8mm and Super 8mm to 16mm, Super 16mm, and 35mm as well as reductions and optical 1-to-1 printing. They use Research Products optical printer with liquid ("wet") gate. Also various optical effects are available as well as animation services. Run by filmimaker Jean-Marie Lambert.
- SuperSens Filmlaboratorium - B&W Super 8mm film lab in the Netherlands. In Dutch.
- Tape House Digital Film - High quality telecine in New York City. Also video to film.
- TEAM TV - "TEAM TV [is] a television service facilities based in Arezzo, Italy (about 70Km from Florence) We have a Telecine facilities with a Fumeo System and we can transfer from 8mm, super8, 9.5 pathè and 16mm. (audio track on 8/Super8 is only magnetic mono/stereo, on 16mm both optical/magnetic) The telecine use a Thomson TTV1657 Digital Camera and we can record on Beta-BetaSP(BVW75), DVCAM (DSR1800P), 1Inch C std (ampexVPR6), VHS and SVHS; (the record on beta and DVCAM is in Component). We also can clean the film with a home made system with a ultrasonic pool. In addition to this service we rent our cameras, we have a 6008Pro Crystal Quartz, a 7008Pro Crystal Quartz, and a 9008 Sound, and other kind of cameras like Eumig Nautica, etc." (Site in Italian)
- TFG Film & Tape - Telecine.
- TMTV - Nelson BC, Canada-based company transferring Regular and Super 8mm film to S-VHS, CD, DV, or DVD.
- Tobin Cinema Systems, Inc. - Film-Video Transfer and Duplication - Telecine from one of the best in the business.
- Video Movie Magic - Laguna Beach, CA-based 8mm and Super 8mm telecine to VHS using a film chain - 400 ft. for $50.00 (minimum order $50.00). Transfer to Betacam SP, DVCPro or Mini DV $80.00/hr.
- Western Cine - Film chain telecine.
- Woodland Productions - 8mm and Super 8mm telecine (NTSC or PAL) and video capture (NTSC or PAL) as QuickTime, .avi, or single frame .gif or .jpg.
- WorldNet International - A UK-based international courier company with overnight delivery schedules to Kodak Switzerland, Yale in Los Angeles, and Dulux in Canada.
- Yale Film and Video - Processing, printing, telecine, etc. NOTE: They have a policy of not dealing with certain subject matter. See the "Terms & Conditions" page for details.