Played by Charlie Hardwick
- Val is the sister of Diane Sugden who brought her up after their mother died. She is married to Eric Pollard.
- Always on the look out to find a man to pay for her extravagant lifestyle, Val has dated many of the men folk of Emmerdale, including ex-brother-in-law Rodney Blackstock.
- After revealing she'd had an affair with her ex brother-in-law whilst he was still married to her sister, Val was shunned by all in the village.
- Their on-off relationship is both personal and business oriented as both are deeply selfish and motivated predominantly by greed.
- Charlie Hardwick (real name Claire) was born in Tyne and Wear in 1959.
- She is an avid Newcastle United fan, holding a season ticket to St James' Park.
- She won a Best Actress Award at the Monte Carlo International Television Awards (1998) for her role in The Scar.
After Eric planned a surprise wedding, in order to keep costs down, Val was kidnapped by the Dingles after a misunderstanding on the big day.
Emmerdale has had its fair share of gory dispatches. Test your knowledge of them here.