- Radio-Info.com launches "25+" – a Newsletter and Custom Chart for AC, Hot AC, and Adult Top 40
- The latest Arbitron Spring Quarterlies updated daily at 5 pm ET
- Label Consolidation Takes An Emotional Toll On Artists
- Five Ways to Grow Your Website Traffic
- "Jack FM"/San Diego's Dave Rickards Tells His Side of the KGB Exit Story: Discussion
- Panama City's "Wave 100" Stunting: Discussion
- CBS/Phoenix OM/PD Kris Abrams Exits
- Texas Panhandle Radio Legend Clint Formby Dies
- Looking for a Job In Radio? Post Your Qualifications In a Free Listing
- Emmis shareholder vote is tonight
Raleigh To Lose A Country Station, Gain A Talk Outlet
Country WRDU (106.1 FM) Raleigh, N.C., GM Dick Harlow announces the station will be flipping to conservative talk in the beginning on next year, according to the Triangle Business Journal. The Clear Channel station will become an affiliate for Glenn Beck (9 a.m. to noon), Rush Limbaugh (noon to 3 p.m.) and Sean Hannity (3-6 p.m.). The morning and evening slots will go to local hosts, although none have been hired yet. WRDU had a 2.2 12-plus share in the summer Arbitrons and was No. 12 in the market overall. Curtis Media country rival WQDR was No. 4 with a 6.4 share. With the format change, WRDU’s main rival will still be a Curtis Media station, N/T WPTF-AM, currently No. 6 in the market with a 6.1 share. The Limbaugh and Hannity shows will be moving over from their current home at WPTF. There’s more on the Raleigh-Greensboro Board of Radio-Info.com.
Previous and Next Stories
- It was 89 years ago today that radio's first official station was born
- WPHI and morning man Charlamagne part ways
- Radio Remembers: Richmond's Harvey Lee Hudson
- Making Moves: Monday, November 2, 2009
- "Crowdcasting" is Citadel Media's newest interest, thanks to a deal with...
- Private radio stations are gaining a foothold in the Arab world
- Radio Around the World:
- Radio in England:
- Entercom "increasingly optimistic" about 2010 and 2011
- Clear Channel blows up Greensboro's "La Preciosa 94.5" to go talk as "Ru...
- Six Country Broadcasters To Join Hall Of Fame
- Raleigh's new "Rush Radio" will be the current country WRDU (106.1)
- Entercom is selling off some of its tower assets
- Little Rock's KDXE (1380) returns to the air after 11 months, now doing ...
- Cumulus Media says revenues dropped 19% in its third quarter
- Canada's Bohn & Associates merges with the U.S. SparkNet Communications
- Pittsburgh's hoped-for African-American news/talk station is stalled by ...
- Making Moves: Tuesday, November 3, 2009
- Automakers Mazda & Aston Martin sign deals with Clear Channel's Total Tr...
- Richmond radio veteran Randy Scott returns to the air