- Breakthrough of the Year Awards is a unique red carpet event celebrating a diverse range of extraordinary talent in multiple fields of excellence including film, TV, sport, music, the arts, technology, philanthropy and social media.
- Breakthrough Standout Performance - Presented by Crest
- Crest 3D White is committed to standing out and continually encouraging everyone to create spontaneous shining moments, so we're very pleased to present the first ever "Breakthrough Standout Moment" award. A standout moment represents someone whose dazzling confidence and positive attitude allows them to set their own trends and make heads turn. Chosen for her standout performance as Naomi Clark in 90210, her philanthropy, bold style, and of course stellar smile, on behalf of Crest 3D White, we're thrilled to present the "Breakthrough Standout Moment" award to AnnaLynne McCord.
- Breakthrough Actor in Film
- From a young age, Josh Hutcherson has been delivering award winning performances on film and TV. 2010 has been another prolific year for his performances. He wins the 2010 Breakthrough Actor in Film award for his standout role as Laser in The Kids Are All Right.
- Breakthrough Actress in Film
- A frequent presence on U.S. television during the 2000s culminating in her most popular role as Vanessa Abrams in the teen drama series, Gossip Girl, Jessica Szohr wins the 2010 Breakthrough Actress in Film award for her outstanding role as Kelly in Piranha 3-D.
- Breakthrough Actor in TV
- With credits for Flight Plan, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, lead role in "Traveler," and recurring roles on the series "Chuck" and "Tru Calling", Matt Bomer wins the 2010 Breakthrough Actor in TV award for his acclaimed performance as Neal Caffrey in the original TV series, White Collar.
- Breakthrough Actress in TV
- Discovered by a photographer while walking on a Colombian beach, Sofia Vergara is most well known for her portrayal of Gloria Delgado-Pritchett in Modern Family, a role for which she is a nominee for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series.
- Breakthrough Newcomer
- Most well known for her portrayal of Quinn Fabray in the smash hit TV series Glee, Dianna Agron has become a household name. With a Screen Actors Guild Award, a Golden Globe, and most recently, 19 Emmy nominations for the show, her career is set to climb to even greater heights. The 2010 Breakthrough of the Year is presented to Dianna Agron, one of today's most exciting newcomers on stage and screen.
- Breakthrough Producer
- Since opening Blumhouse Productions in 2000, Jason Blum has produced six feature films. They include The Reader, The Accidental Husband, Tooth Fairy, and most recently, the blockbuster Paranormal Activity which has reshaped the film business model once again, and for which he is recognized as a Breakthrough Producer who is making waves in the movie business.
- Breakthrough Athlete
- Landon Donovan scored in the final moments of extra time in the match that gave the U.S. soccer team a victory over Algeria. He won Best Moment in Sports at the 2010 ESPYs and is now celebrated as Breakthrough Athlete of the Year for the inspiration he has provided as a national hero.
- Breakthrough in Architecture
- Featured among Time Magazine's 100 most influential people in 2009, and ranked #1 among Fast Company's most innovative design firms, Diller, Scofidio + Renfro are awarded the 2010 Breakthrough in Architecture for the brilliance of their creativity that sets the standards in the industry.
- Breakthrough in Technology
- Using the characteristics of human perception to create a 3D image, the 2010 Breakthrough in Technology award recognizes RealD for the significant impact its breakthrough patented technology has had on our lives. From entertainment to piloting the Mars Rover, heads-up displays for military jets and robotic medical procedures.
- Breakthrough in Green Innovation
- Founded in 1994 by activist and philanthropist Diane Meyer Simon, Global Green is the American Arm of Green Cross International. The organization focuses on addressing some of the greatest challenges facing humanity today. The 2010 Breakthrough in Green Innovation recognizes the cutting-edge work of Global Green USA, fighting global climate change by creating green buildings and cities, through innovative research, community projects and targeted advocacy.
- Breakthrough Internet Sensation
- Grammy-nominated producer Shawn Campbell first discovered Australian teen singer Cody Simpson after he posted video clips of himself singing on You Tube. 6 Million views later, Cody has joined forces with U.S. rap star, Flo Rida, for his first single, iYiYi, released in June.
- Breakthrough Standout Performance - Presented by Crest 3D White
- Mariana Stanciu
- Mariana Stanciu