Lead Game Designer
Currently, we have a great opportunity for a Lead Game Designer in our Los Angeles, CA office. If you want the opportunity to work with a creative and talented team and have a positive, "can do" attitude, we want to hear from you!
The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded game design professional, with specialization in game systems & game mechanics, and experience working on one or more AAA games known for a high level of polish and game mechanics quality.
Responsibilities (to include but not limited to):
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the League of Legends design team.
- Work closely with designers, engineers, artists and producers to design, lead, tune and implement various aspects of League of Legends and/or unannounced projects.
- Author and drive major initiatives to improve League of Legends.
- Assist Design Director on initial steps of new projects separate from League of Legends.
- Mentor designers; Push a continued high standard in design through demonstration and leadership.
- High intelligence and fantastic, well-rounded problem solving skills.
- Great communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts and the logic behind them succinctly to designers and other developers.
- Extreme passion for games; widely played across the games of the past and the games of today. Must be a serious online gamer, preferably one who is a very strong player as well. We are not interested if you are not a hardcore online gamer.
- At least 5 years of game development experience, with a full-time design credit on at least one well-regarded AAA title which was designed for core gamers.
- Mastery of game mechanics and game systems and experience to prove it.
- Leadership experience as a systems sub-lead, lead level designer, or lead designer a plus.
- Detail oriented.
- Effective at delivering useful feedback to other designers.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication (verbal & written) skills.
- Positive team-oriented attitude.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience. Master's degree in an analytical field a plus.
- Valid US work authorization.
To apply, please send an email with "Lead Game Designer | yourname" in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following:
** Resume submissions missing the title of the position in the subject line WILL NOT be considered. **
NO RECRUITERS. NO PHONE CALLS.