- Related Articles
- US envoy ‘comfortable’ with assurance of credible elections, says Palace exec
- Aquino still won’t undergo psycho test
- Soldier dead, 18 wounded in Thai clashes—emergency services
- Comelec reaches decision on manual count, but ruling to be released Thursday
- Manual count proponents willing to tally votes for president only
- Namfrel to do unofficial tally of election results
Escudero distributes ‘Noybi’ stickers and shirtsBy Maila Ager INQUIRER.net First Posted 16:16:00 04/28/2010 Senator Francis Chiz Escudero went all out for vice presidential bet Jejomar Binay, giving reporters covering Liberal Party standard-bearers Senators Benigno Noynoy Aquino III and Mar Roxas II, Noybi stickers and t-shirts.
MANILA, Philippines--Senator Francis "Chiz" Escudero went all out for vice presidential bet Jejomar Binay, giving reporters covering Liberal Party standard-bearers Senators Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino III and Mar Roxas II, "Noybi" stickers and t-shirts.
"Noybi" is the catch phrase for Escudero's choice for Aquino and Binay.
Reporters covering Aquino's campaign chanced upon Escudero while having lunch at a restaurant in Quezon City on Wednesday.
During his chat with reporters, the issue of his endorsement on Binay was brought up on the table.
A reporter then asked if he has campaign paraphernalia endorsing the Aquino-Binay tandem and the senator confessed carrying some of them on his car.
And on some reporters' prodding and insistence, Escudero granted their request to have the shirts and stickers.
But despite his public endorsement of the Aquino-Binay tandem, Escudero denied funding Noybi campaign materials along major streets in Manila.
"I don't have much for that kind of campaign. It's enough that I expressed and voiced out my position on this," he said in Filipino.
Escudero said he was hopeful that his endorsements of Binay would further help his candidacy.
Binay is running in tandemn with Pwersa ng Masang Pilipino's standard-bearer Joseph Estrada.
Asked again if his endorsement could give victory for Binay, Escudero said,"Only the people can say who should be their President and Vice President through their votes on May 10. What is important to me is that I am able to express and share what I believe.”
- Admin solons won’t give up any more seats in CA
- New gov’t peace panel must learn from failed MOA
- 3rd party assessment of automated polls to start September -- Comelec
- No new rumblings in the military – Honasan
- Floods raise specter of Pakistan social unrest
- Aquino may ask Congress to pass law appointing village execs
- Australia set for hung parliament as voters punish PM
- UN calls for calm in Haiti after Jean candidacy rejected