Walmart has been quitely raising prices – JPMorgan Chase recently released a study of a Virginia Walmart found that in the past six weeks the retailer raised prices on overage of 6%, but on some products, as high as 60%. UP TO 60%! That isn’t a typo.
The rising prices are found throughout the store. Groceries, laundry and cleaning supplies have all been affected by the major price hikes.
For example, 32oz bottles of Windex shot up 50%, 12 oz box of Quaker oaks went up 65%, and 50oz Tide went up more than 50%.
Many middle-class folks join the ranks of the poor every day. The economic downturn has left a dwindling middle class holding an empty bag. We spend less and demand is low. The trend is rising prices and a general contraction in the small business sector.
WalMart is very likely raising prices because their stock price is down over 2%. Less people are shopping at WalMart, which is making it tough for the retailer to keep its prices down. Bottom line is the brand seems to be losing customers during a time when it should be shining because consumer confidence is low, and people are still looking for low prices.
What is the problem with WalMart?
- Watch – The World According to Monsanto (morichesdaily.com)
- Big Government Owns your Rainwater (morichesdaily.com)
- FDA: Evamist Menopause Spray May Harm Children and Pets – The Ultimate Secret is Food is more Harmful (morichesdaily.com)
Read More from Moriches Daily:
- » Long Island University To Provide Free iPads For Incoming Students
- » Biden’s Jet in Minor Incident at Long Island Airport
- » Free Speech for a Price? Corporations and Government Shutting Down Websites
- » Have you seen his sign over the LIE? ‘Newsday Appoints Gaffney Dictator’
- » Long Island man blows off arm with fireworks