CAT’S MEOW: Marking his foray into gentlemen’s couture, Givenchy’s Riccardo Tisci has designed a bespoke ensemble for Antony and the Johnsons’ front man, Antony Hegarty, for his performance July 9 at Paris’ Salle Pleyel. The look artfully bends genders, however, featuring a “cat jacket,” constructed from sculpted rows of stacked felt panels that form a cat’s head on one shoulder, and a long dress in beige washed silk satin and matching wide pants. The jacket is said to have been inspired by Hegarty’s pet cat that had passed away just before his first meeting with Tisci. The look’s accessories include gloves and gold glitter shoes.
Tisci and Antony... Michael Jackson Crystallized... Lucy Liu Around Town...
Posted Thursday June 25, 2009
Last Edited Friday June 26, 2009
From WWD Issue 06/25/2009
- Full access to all of WWD.COM including WWD content back to 1994
- 100,000 Articles and images
- Immediate access to breaking news and events that shape the world of fashion and retail 24/7, now via WWD Mobile
- Insider coverage in WWD Morning Report daily email newsletter delivered right to your inbox.
- Downloadable PDF of WWD daily and all special issues for immediate worldwide access.
- Search, comment on, clip and save articles and images.
- Read it anytime, anywhere
- Start your subscription now for less than $2.49 per day!