iCade - iPad Arcade Cabinet
Buy this and earn
retroGeek PointsGeek Points is a program to reward you, our incredibly cool customers, for shopping with us! The more you shop, the more points you can earn towards some pretty nifty rewards.
see more action
Didn't think you needed an iPad? Think again!
When the iPad was announced, we all crammed into a conference room to watch live and drool over every shiny corner and reflecty icon. After the glow of the initial announcement wore off, many of us came to the conclusion that the iPad was actually pretty useless. "It's a giant iPhone!" some said. Others exclaimed, "WTF, no Flash!?". Still, we knew that most Apple fanbots (us included) would have to have one anyway.
Knowing that many of our loyal geeky customers would eventually get their retractable claws on an iPad at some point, we knew we needed to take it to the next level. What cool things could we do with the iPad that you, our lovely geek customers, would squee over? A few brainstorming sessions later, the idea of a MAME cabinet came up and we knew we'd struck gold. How cool would it be to slide your iPad into a desktop-sized arcade cabinet and rock it old school with some Pac-Man or Space Invaders?
Enter the iCade iPad Arcade Cabinet! To use the iCade, gently slide the iPad into the docking cradle. The docking cradle uses a standard 30 pin connector to link the iPad to the professional-grade arcade controls. Once the iPad is in place, launch the iCade App (available free in the App Store April 3rd) and it's game on! We didn't want to take any chances you'd run out of juice during your favorite game, so we included a 10w USB power adapter so you can charge the iPad through any electrical outlet. Now you're all set to make an uninterrupted run on the Dig Dug World Record!
- Beautifully retro styled, handcrafted wooden tabletop arcade cabinet and MAME emulator for your otherwise useless iPad
- Play your favorite arcade games anywhere there's a table
- Hundreds of games available from various online sources - not included in product!
- Professional grade arcade stick and microswitch buttons rated for 10,000,000 uses
- Authentic arcade controls connect to your iPad via a standard 30 pin dock connector
- One and two player select buttons add authenticity and really work!
- Integrated 2.1 dolby speakers and subwoofer in cabinet
- Includes 10w USB power adapter
- Separate iCade app required to use the cabinet controllers available soon from the App Store
- Dimensions: 9" wide x 10" deep x 16" high
** Please Note ** The iCade MAME Emulator App is already approved and will be in the App Store in time for the April 3rd iPad product launch. The app is free, but it does require the iCade Arcade Cabinet hardware to function properly.