- Taio Cruz explodes to No.1 with 'Dynamite'!
- Britney tops best second album poll
- Robbie: 'I nearly cancelled Take That reunion'
- Avril Lavigne goes hip-hop?
- Lady GaGa: 'Drugs inspired my creativity'
- Preview: the must-see bands of Reading & Leeds festival
- Robbie and Gary release 'Brokeback' video
- Nicola Roberts plans to rival Cheryl Cole's solo career
- Missy Elliott: 'I miss Aaliyah every day'
- Pixie Lott eyes US success
- McFly destroy radio studio
- Mariah Carey set to release a new Christmas album!
- Kimberley Walsh misses Girls Aloud
- Kasabian and Noel crash strangers' wedding
- David Guetta steers Adam Rickett comeback
- Kanye West to release one song per week until Christmas
- Tributes to Ou Est Le Swimming Pool after singer's suicide
- Kylie stuns with surprise pub performance
- Nadine Coyle signs record deal with Tesco
- Britney and Brittany spoof Britney and Madonna
- Kings of Leon turn down Glee request
- Pixie Lott voted hottest festival star
- Choose The Wanted's next B-side!
- Interview: we chat to The Hoosiers
- Madonna considering a Las Vegas residency
- Robbie and Gary to premiere new duet next week
The Wanted - 'All Time Low'
Watch out JLS! There's a new boy band in town, and they're set to give Aston and co a run for their money...
The self-titled "lad-group" are already being touted as the new boy-band for 2010 - and rightly so. With their fresh and slick mixture of old boy-band charm (we're thinking Blue) and modern pop-savvy production (we're certain Cheryl Cole is more than just a passing influence, and not just because they recently covered her hit 'Fight For This Love'), we predict big things for the quintet.
With a mixture of influences - including the likes of Oasis, Cat Stevens and John Legend - debut single 'All Time Low' certainly refuses to stick to the popular urban-footprints of N-Dubz. Instead, The Wanted are intent on mixing their genres.
As the synth-strings kick things off - not unlike Coldplay's smash 'Viva La Vida', we might add - the lovesick verse takes over: "Praying won't do it/Hating won't do it/Drinking won't do it/Fighting won't knock you out."
Blimey, it must be love. Seemingly forlorn, the club beats soon swoop in, turning what could be a rejected Take That ballad into a lively finger-up to that cold-hearted wench who broke their collective (boy band) heart.
Oh, they're "wanted" alright...
To read our interview with The Wanted, just follow the link.
All Time Low :
The lad-group's brilliant debut single!
If you like The Wanted, try:
Blue - All Rise :
A choice track from their best of
Coldplay - Viva La Vida :
Another chart smash from the super groyp
Cheryl Cole - Fight For This Love :
Cheryl fights back with this top hit