VACIS® XPL Passenger Vehicle Scanning System
A compact, ultrahigh-throughput, full-vehicle nonintrusive scanning solution for even the busiest checkpoints
SAIC's VACIS® XPL passenger vehicle scanning system helps customs, military, and security personnel screen 100 percent of vehicles at critical checkpoints. The system assists inspectors in locating even single firearms, as well as ammunition, drugs, and similar items hidden in vehicles. The VACIS XPL system's low-dose technology allows drivers and passengers to remain in their vehicles during the scan, enabling each system to scan hundreds of vehicles per hour with minimal impact on checkpoint operations.
The VACIS XPL system provides a powerful combination of scanning features:
- Free-flow operation screens vehicles moving at typical checkpoint speeds without requiring them to stop or occupants to exit.
- Bumper-to-bumper, roof-to-pavement scanning allows every part of the vehicle to be quickly and efficiently screened.
- High-resolution X-ray imaging assists inspectors in locating metallic threats such as weapons and ammunition.
- Material discrimination helps inspectors locate organic threats such as explosives and drugs.
- Compact system fits directly into existing vehicle lanes at most facilities.
- Remote, centralized image analysis can be performed nearby or hundreds of miles away.
- Low dose per scan fully complies with dose limits specified in ANSI N43.17.
The VACIS XPL passenger vehicle scanning system continues SAIC's tradition of helping customs, military, and security personnel screen more vehicles for weapons, explosives, drugs, and other suspicious items at critical checkpoints.
SAIC is a world leader in nonintrusive imaging technology, with hundreds of systems installed for government and commercial clients around the world. Every VACIS system is available with SAIC's dedicated installation, training, maintenance and technical support.
VACIS is a trademark and/or registered trademark of Science Applications International Corp. in the United States and/or other countries.
The VACIS XPL system and its technology are subject to U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Diversion contrary to U.S. law is prohibited. This technology may not be exported, re-exported, resold, transferred or transshipped without prior authorization by the U.S. government.
SAIC's facility for the manufacture of the VACIS XPL system is registered to ISO 9001:2000 standards.
Due to our efforts to continually improve this product, specifications, dimensions and operating procedures are subject to change without notice. All specifications and measurements are approximate, based on the standard configuration; results may vary with the application and environment.
For additional information on the VACIS XPL, please contact us today.
Download the Terms and Conditions
View the terms and conditions for the purchase of this product.