International Welfare Foundation is a registered NGO which is active in the
promotion of Islamic education and welfare since 1994. Al-Huda International is
registered under Pakistan Ordinance 1984. It has a board of directors, and
accounts of the foundation are annually audited. Moreover, donations given to
this foundation are exempted from taxes.
ABout The Founder
• To promote purely Islamic values and thinking on
sound knowledge and research, free from all kinds of bias and sectarianism.
• To plan, and work for, welfare of the deprived classes (i.e. the needy, and
calamity-stricken people) of society.
For the achievement of these objectives, various
activities in the fields of knowledge, education and training, mass
communication, and social welfare are taking place under the supervision of the
Education and Training
Under the foundations auspices, an ‘Institute of
Islamic Education for Women’ has been established for the promotion of Islamic
education. This institute offers Diploma as well as Post-Diploma courses. In
addition to this, the institute monitors a Supervised Education Program for
various courses at different locations. Apart from education, special emphasis
is laid on character building and practical application of Islamic tenets.
The following courses are offered by this institute:
1. Diploma courses
Diploma courses include:
1. Taleem-ul-Islam: a one
year/one and a half years course for girls and women.
2. Taleem-ul-Qur’an: a one year (August to August) course in both English
and Urdu languages for young girls.
3. Ilm-ul-Kitab: an evening course for working women and students of
schools, colleges and universities.
4. Noor-ul-Qur’an: a course designed for domesticated women.
The curriculum of these courses include:
• Complete explanation (tafseer) of the Holy
Qur’an with literal translation,
• Tajweed (Quranic recitation),
• Uloom-ul-Qur’an (Quranic Sciences),
• Hadith of the Holy Prophet (s.a.w),
• Uloom-ul-Hadith (Hadith Sciences),
• Seerah of the Prophet (s.a.w),
• Fikh-ul-Ibaadat (Islamic Jurisprudence),
• Usool-ul-Fikh (rulings regarding Islamic Jurisprudence),
• Muslim Heroes,
• Comparative religion,
• Arabic grammar,
• Quranic and Masnoon duas and
• Calligraphy (Arabic)
• Activity based and need-based methods of modern education are being used,
which include research work (survey and interview) and field work.
• The teaching methodology includes the use of audio-visual aids for e.g.
• Facilities available include a library, a hostel and sponsorships for
• Other than regular students, women from all walks of life can come as
Post-diploma courses available are:
1. Advance Course: for the
in depth knowledge of the Qur’an, Seerah of the Porphet (s.a.w).
2. Training Courses: for better performance in areas of education, mass
communication and social welfare.
Supervised Education Program
The institute offers the following Supervised Education Programs:
School of Islamic Studies (branches) courses of one and a half to two and a
half years are offered for girls and women within the country as well as
The curriculum for
this course includes:
Complete explanation (tafseer) with literal translation of the Holy Qur’an
• Tajweed (Quranic Recitation)
• Uloom-ul-Qur’an (Quranic Sciences)
• Hadith of the Holy Prophet (s.a.w)
• Seerah of the Prophet (s.a.w)
• Fikh-ul-Ibaadat (Islamic Jurisprudence)
• Muslim Heroes
• Arabic Grammar
• Da’awah and Tableegh
• Quranic and Masnoon duas
• Calligraphy (Arabic)
Correspondence Course: a program designed for learning the translation
as well as the explanation of the Qur’an at home by using Taleem-ul-Qur’an
Saut-ul-Huda: a course designed for domesticated women conducted with the
help of audio cassettes to aid the learning of Quranic translation,
explanation and other subjects.
1. Roshni ka Safar: a three month course
for girls with minimal education in rural areas.
2. Islamic Tarbiyati Course: a six to
eight weeks course for matriculated girls.
3. Summer Course: a six to eight week
course for children, young girls and women offered during the summer
Fehm-e-Deen: a course for men comprising of Tajweed (Quranic Recitation),
Quranic translation and explanation (Tafseer), Islamic Fikh (or jurisprudence)
and lectures on general topics.
Dars-e-Qur’an: Quranic recitation (tilawat), translation, explanation and
a question and answer session.
2. Dars-e-Hadith: a session of Hadith and
a question and answer session.
3. Reality Touch: a weekly class in
English and Urdu for young girls.
4. Colours of Islam: a weekly educational
program for young children (between the ages of two to twelve).
Months: special arrangements of lectures on different Islamic months, in
Muharram-ul-Haram, Safar, Rabi-ul-Awwal, Rajab, Shaban, and Zulhaj.
• Holy Ramadhan: in Ramadhan a program of
translation and brief explanation of the Qur’an, know as ‘Fehm-ul-Qur’an’is
held on massive scale.
Hajj and Umrah: for pilgrims of Hajj and Umrah especial training
programs on how to perform the pilgrimage are arranged.
• Islamic Festivals: to perform
Eid-ul-Fitr and Eid-ul-Azha according to the Sunnah, guidance is provided
Festivals: for religious guidance, informative lectures are arranged on
occasions like Basaant, Valentine’s Day, April fool, New Year, and pamphlets
are also distributed.
Happiness and Grief: information, training, and guidance is provided
according to occasions e.g. weddings, birth, death etc.
Lectures at Educational
A program to develop the interest of the knowledge of Islam amongst students
of schools, colleges, and universities has also been organized.
Educative, Reformative and
Social Welfare Programs
Program: arrangement to provide education for girls/women of rural areas
according to their mental level and needs.
2. Kachi Basti Program: program based on
special conditions and situations for the inhabitants of kachi bastis.
3. Jail Programs: a program to provide
religious education and character building for the inmates and staff of jails.
4. Hospitals Programs: a program for the
moral up liftment of grieved and despaired women.
every heart with the Qur’an, Al-Huda International has formed a Mass
Communication team. Click here for more...
They run the following departments:
1. Al-Huda Audio-Vision: preparation and
supply of tafseer of the Qur’an, Qiraat, Duas (Supplications) and lectures on
various topics, in both audio cassettes as well as cds.
2. Al-Huda Publications: publishing of
Islamic books, pamphlets, and cards.
3. Al-Huda Website: keeping in mind the
needs of the present age, different lectures and written information can be
downloaded free of cost from Al-Huda’s website
Radio Program: from FM-100, in Karachi, Lahore, and Islamabad, a program is
broadcasted every morning from 6:45 to 7:10 with the literal meaning and
explanation of the Qur’an.
Click here for more information ...
help towards the betterment of every strata of society, Al-Huda International
has a Social Welfare department that provides the following services:
1. Marriage Bureau:
• To help find suitable matches for both boys and
• To provide deserving boys and girls with basic necessities.
2. Household chores: to teach needy women
Yourself: to enable poor people to earn. This program supplies things such
as hand-carts (thelaas) and sewing machines etc to those who are willing to
4. Welfare Program:
monthly stipends for widows and orphans. Supply of food items and clothes for
5. Educational Sponsorships:
helping deserving students of schools and colleges to meet their expenses.
6. Prisoner’s Help Cell: providing food,
clothing, and medical facilities for the inmates of prisons.
7. Patients Help Cell: aiding poor patients
to get the required medical help.
8. Crisis Help Cell: to provide all
possible assistance in case of accidents or crisis situation for e.g. incase of
famine and drought, wells are dug for water supply.
9. Guidance and Counseling: through
personal meetings, letters, telephone conversations, and emails, solutions to
religious, psychological, educational, and social problems are offered.
Despite all this, so much more can be done! The
light of the Holy Qur’an can enlighten thousands of lives. So let’s provide the
light of the knowledge and guidance for our brothers and sisters. Pool in your
time, finance, and suggestions in this noble cause and avail the best
opportunity of sadqa-e-jariya and get ever lasting returns.
--- Shared Effort
cater for the expansion of work and growing number of students, the construction
of Al-Huda International complexes at Karachi and Islamabad are in their initial
stages. These complexes will include a lecture hall, an auditorium, class rooms,
Multi-Media, IT and Publications departments, multi purpose halls, an
administration block, a clinic, and a children’s nursery.
The construction of branches in other cities has
also been planned. Your prayers and financial support will help us in our
development, Insha-Allah. To make these services more effective, your
suggestions are always welcome.