DILUTION OF DIBROM® FOR THE BOTTLE BIOASSAY
DRAFT DOCUMENT FOR REVIEW
PHEREC Technical Memorandum # 4.
The active ingredient in Dibrom® is Naled.
1. Start with the label.
2. 1 gallon of DIBROM® contains 14.1 pounds of Naled.
3. Convert pounds per gallon to grams per milliliter.
4. 14.1 lbs/ 1 gallon X 453.6 grams/ 1 lb X 1 gallon/3785 ml = 1.7 grams of Naled / ml of DIBROM®.
5. Take 1 ml of DIBROM® and put it in a 100 ml volumetric flask.
6. Fill to 100 ml with A.C.S. acetone; swirl to mix.
7. This is the STOCK SOLUTION.
8. Prepare the TEST SOLUTION as follows:
9. Take 0.147 ml of the STOCK SOLUTION and put it in a 100 ml volumetric flask.
10. Fill to 100 ml with A.C.S. acetone; swirl to mix.
11. This is the TEST SOLUTION.
Measure 1 ml of the TEST SOLUTION into each 250 ml Wheaton bottle for the bioassay.
This procedure will yield 25 µg of Naled in each Wheaton bottle for the bioassay.