H.R.3808 - Interstate Recognition of Notarizations Act of 2009
To require any Federal or State court to recognize any notarization made by a notary public licensed by a State other than the State where the court is located when such notarization occurs in or affects interstate commerce. view all titles (5)
All Bill Titles
- Official: To require any Federal or State court to recognize any notarization made by a notary public licensed by a State other than the State where the court is located when such notarization occurs in or affects interstate commerce. as introduced.
- Short: Interstate Recognition of Notarizations Act of 2009 as introduced.
- Short: Interstate Recognition of Notarizations Act of 2009 as passed house.
- Short: Interstate Recognition of Notarizations Act of 2010 as passed house.
- Short: Interstate Recognition of Notarizations Act of 2010 as passed senate.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
View all Committees (1 more)
Latest Action Oct 08, 2010Vetoed by President. Related Bills (0) & Issues (9) Users Tracking H.R.3808 (5)
Official Summary9/27/2010--Passed Senate without amendment. (This measure has not been amended since it was introduced. The summary of that version is repeated here.) Interstate Recognition of Notarizations Act of 2010 - Requires each federal and state court to recognize any lawful notarization occurring in or affecting interstate commerce which is made by a notary public licensed or commissioned under the laws of a state other than the state where the court is located. Requires such a notarization to:
(1) use a seal of office as symbol of the notary public's authority; or
(2) have the seal information, in the case of an electronic record, securely attached to, or logically associated with, the electronic record so as to render the record tamper-resistant.
...Read the Rest
Recent News Coverage
On its face, HR 3808 has little to do with banking law or home foreclosures. The full text of the legislation may be viewed on the Library of Congress's ...
Last week I urged a call to action to tell President Obama not to sign HR 3808. That bill would have loosened notary paperwork requirements for foreclosing ...
The US Congress chose to side with the banks by passing a law (HR 3808) which would have made it easier for the banks to foreclose on properties without ...
Recent Blog Coverage
I won't go into the background of H.R. 3808, except to say that substantial last minute objections arose that made it desirable to veto this previously u... 2 weeks ago. Crooks and Liars. As usual the foreign press is doing a better job ...
Fixing the Mortgage Fraud It is both extraordinary and amusing to see how fast Washington and the Wall Street lapdogs that presently pass for our financial media have been forced to turn on a dime by the exposure of pervasive criminal activity on the
The purpose of HR 3808 was to legalize the notary bank fraud operations that were churning out false affidavits in the foreclosure crisis. The fact that congress cannot agree on a budget but can agree on legalizing fraud speaks to the ...
Users tracking H.R.3808 (5) are also tracking:
Users opposing H.R.3808 (20) are also:
|Supporting Bill||Supporting Senator||Supporting Representative|
|Opposing Bill||Opposing Senator||Opposing Representative|
- Today: 28
- Past Seven Days: 342
- All-Time: 3,868