Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Felix Castor 6
07-24-2010, 05:24 AM
Felix Castor 6
I hate to sound impatient but, well, I'm impatient! It's been nearly a year since The Naming of the Beasts and there's been no word in interviews or elsewhere of when we might hope to see Felix Castor 6. Anyone have any idea?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2010, 05:48 AM
RE: Felix Castor 6
(07-24-2010 05:24 AM)mastadge Wrote:  I hate to sound impatient but, well, I'm impatient! It's been nearly a year since The Naming of the Beasts and there's been no word in interviews or elsewhere of when we might hope to see Felix Castor 6. Anyone have any idea?

Eek... Did The Naming of the Beasts come out already? In the UK? I just got back (from living there) and totally missed it if so. Amazon UK shows a September 2009 date...

Do you have a copy in hand then?
07-24-2010, 06:42 AM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2010 06:43 AM by Civil Lies.)
(07-24-2010 05:48 AM)mattpeckham Wrote:  Eek... Did The Naming of the Beasts come out already? In the UK? I just got back (from living there) and totally missed it if so. Amazon UK shows a September 2009 date...

Do you have a copy in hand then?

Yeah, it's been out in the UK for a while as far as I know. I ordered my copy from Amazon UK maybe six or seven months ago? Because those darn American publishers are so slow Sad

Also: jumping on the "I want the sixth Castor book" bandwagon.
07-24-2010, 06:48 AM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2010 06:51 AM by mattpeckham.)
Amazon seems to think it's not out and out simultaneously. The Naming of the Beasts is due out on January 5, 2011...and shipping to me, brand new, for about $8 as I type this. Smile

As for Castor 6, last I checked with Mike, it'll be awhile. That said, I know he has other prose irons in the fire...

Didn't Castor 5 bring things to to a kind of (temporary) closing point?
07-24-2010, 09:48 AM
(07-24-2010 06:48 AM)mattpeckham Wrote:  Didn't Castor 5 bring things to to a kind of (temporary) closing point?

The UK release of The Naming of the Beasts came out in September 2009, a mere six months after Thicker Than Water -- that short wait is probably part of the reason why this wait seems so long! Only the first three books have been released in hardcover the US; the copies of TTW and NOTB available in the US seem to be the same editions that were released in the UK.

NOTB had a pretty awesome climax, but my understanding from interviews is that Felix Castor 6 is the final book in the series (or at least in this first cycle of Felix Castor novels), the one that will have the big revelations as to what's been going on in Castor's world.

And really, I'm okay with waiting; I already have more books on my to-read list than I'll ever finish in my lifetime. But I do so love Fix, and even just a working title, a tentative release date or a mention of the new book in an interview would be a nice reassuring morsel to tide us fans over. We've been spoiled by the internet and instant access to such information in most cases!
07-25-2010, 09:39 AM
I'm kind of torn on Naming of the Beasts, honestly. I *loved* the story and I think it managed to wrap up enough loose ends to be a good closing point for the series. But it left just enough unanswered questions to make me NEED another Castor book.
07-29-2010, 05:43 PM
Add me to the list of people keenly awaiting number 6. I loved number 5 but it didn't, in my view, wrap up the big issues at all.

Cheers

Douglas
08-17-2010, 12:32 PM
I sure hope there is a 6th book!!! the Felix Castor novels are by far my favorite!!! I ordered the last two from amazon UK because i just couldn't wait for them to decide to publish them here in the US!!! it was interesting to read the last two though because the way the UK spells some words is different than the way we spell them over here...

I just cant wait to see what ind of trouble Felix will get into next... it will be epic for sure!!!!

~Sammy
08-25-2010, 01:42 AM
Book 6 is scheduled for a late 2011 release; and yeah, you're right, mastadge - it's the one that answers the big questions that have been hanging in the air ever since the first book. We finally get to find out why the dead are rising now, after so many millennia of human civilisation, how Hell fits into the spiritual ecosystem of Castor's world, and what the "great project" that Moloch talked about was really meant to achieve.

But I've got two other novels to finish first, which is why there's this long delay. There was a fair amount of contractual skullduggery to get sorted after I finished writing book 5, but it's all good now, and it's all definitely going to happen.
08-25-2010, 01:25 PM
Excellent news Mike! Although it is a year away...

What are the other novels you are working on?