Last Updated: 11:56 AM, November 24, 2010
Posted: 10:29 PM, November 23, 2010Comments: 0
Turns out there was more fallout than a failed suicide attempt after Fantasia Barrino found out that her boyfriend was still a married man.
While testifying in court during her ex-lover's divorce proceedings on Monday, gossip site Radaronline.com reports that the "American Idol" winner told a North Carolina court that she had an abortion after learning that her boyfriend of 11 months, Antwaun Cook, was still married.
Barrino's abortion occurred around the time of her suicide attempt last August, when she was admitted to the hospital after purposely overdosing on aspirin and a sleeping aid.
The suicide attempt closely followed revelations that Cook's wife, Paula, had filed divorce papers alleging that Barrino had started a relationship with Cook while knowing that he was still married.
Barrino has insisted that she believed Cook had been separated from his wife while they were dating.
The 26-year-old singer, who has a 9-year-old daughter, is the star of her own VH1 reality series, "Fantasia For Real."
- Bloody photos show scene of actor's sword slay
- Slim pickings
- Back together
- Michael Douglas, wife are the happiest couple on earth
- Moving on
- Photos from inside Michael Brea's apartment
- Prince William and Kate Middleton
- Celebrity photos: Nov. 25, 2010
- 2010 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Many loves of A-Rod
- Jeter will have hard time finding competing offer
- Muslim woman says roller-skating rink discriminated against her
- Woman fumes over fine for not knowing how to pay on new bus
- Tortorella calls out Gaborik after ugly 'L'
- Knicks win fifth in row to reach .500
- Black Eyed Peas to Perform During Super Bowl's Halftime Fri, 26 Nov 2010 00:48:31 GMT
- DAILY 411: Paris Hilton Fires Back at Fake Hair Lawsuit Wed, 24 Nov 2010 18:11:58 GMT
- REVIEW: 'Burlesque' Not Just Bad, It's 'Showgirls' Bad Wed, 24 Nov 2010 19:30:48 GMT
- Police Want to Interview Denise Richards About Charlie Sheen Incident Wed, 24 Nov 2010 18:13:00 GMT
- Angelina Jolie Hates Thanksgiving, Refuses to Celebrate, Report Says Wed, 24 Nov 2010 16:24:30 GMT