Posted Nov 30 2010 2:35AM
NBA transactions for the 2010-11 season -- July 1, 2010 to the present.
Monday, Nov. 29
• Sacramento waived guard Antoine Wright.
• Toronto recalled forward Ed Davis from Erie (NBA D-League).
Friday, Nov. 26
• Chicago signed guard John Lucas III.
• Miami assigned forward Dexter Pittman to Sioux Falls (NBA D-League).
• New Jersey assigned guard Terrence Williams to Springfield Armor (NBA D-League).
Wednesday, Nov. 24
• Oklahoma City assigned center Cole Aldrich to Tulsa (NBA D-League).
• San Antonio signed guard/forward Ime Udoka.
Tuesday, Nov. 23
• Oklahoma City signed center Nick Collison to a multiyear contract extension.
• San Antonio waived forward Danny Green.
• Miami signed center Erick Dampier. Waived guard/forward Jerry Stackhouse.
Monday, Nov. 22
• Washington signed guard/forward Alonzo Gee. Waived guard Lester Hudson.
Tuesday, Nov. 16
• Phoenix signed center Earl Barron. Released guard Matt Janning. Assigned forward Gani Lawal to Iowa (NBA D-League).
Saturday, Nov. 13
• New Orleans released forward Joe Alexander.
Friday, Nov. 12
• Minnesota signed guard Sundiata Gaines.
• San Antonio released guard Garret Temple.
Thursday, Nov. 11
• Minnesota waived guard Maurice Ager.
Tuesday, Nov. 9
• Houston assigned forward Patrick Patterson to Rio Grande Valley (NBA D-League).
Monday, Nov. 8
• San Antonio released forward Bobby Simmons and signed guard Chris Quinn.
Saturday, Nov. 6
• Portland signed forward/center Sean Marks.
Thursday, Nov. 4
• Portland announced the retirement of center Fabricio Oberto.
Tuesday, Nov. 2
• Memphis signed guard Mike Conley to a multiyear contract extension.
Monday, Nov. 1
• Atlanta agreed to terms with center Al Horford on a five-year contract extension.
• Minnesota exercised fourth-year contract options on forward Michael Beasley, forward Kevin Love and center Kosta Koufos and third-year contract options on guard Jonny Flynn and guard Wayne Ellington. Declined to offer a contract extension to forward Corey Brewer, making him a restricted free agent at the end of this season.
Saturday, Oct. 30
• San Antonio signed guard Tony Parker to a multiyear contract extension.
Friday, Oct. 29
• Houston exercised the second-year option on the contract of forward/center Jordan Hill and third-year option on the contract of guard Courtney Lee.
Thursday, Oct. 28
• Memphis exercised fourth-year contract options on guard O.J. Mayo and forward Darrell Arthur and the third-year contract option on center Hasheem Thabeet.
Wednesday, Oct. 27
• New Orleans exercised their fourth-year contract option on guard Jerryd Bayless.
Tuesday, Oct. 26
• Milwaukee exercised the contract option on general manager John Hammond and signed coach Scott Skiles through the 2012-13 season.
Monday, Oct. 25
• Chicago exercised its fourth-year contract option on guard Derrick Rose and third-year contract options on forwards Taj Gibson and James Johnson.
• Miami waived forward Da'Sean Butler and guard Patrick Beverley.
• Milwaukee exercised its third-year contract option on guard Brandon Jennings.
• Portland waived forward Brian Skinner. Signed center Fabricio Oberto.
• Sacramento exercised its contract options on guard Tyreke Evans, forward Jason Thompson, forward Donte Greene and forward Omri Casspi.
Sunday, Oct. 24
• Knicks pick up options on forward Danilo Gallinari, forward Anthony Randolph, and guard Toney Douglas.
Saturday, Oct. 23
• Cleveland exercised the fourth-year contract option on forward J.J. Hickson.
• Miami signed forward Jerry Stackhouse.
Friday, Oct. 22
• New Jersey waived center Brian Zoubek.
Thursday, Oct. 21
• Boston waived forward Stephane Lasme, forward Keith Gallon and guard Mario West.
• Charlotte waived forward Darius Miles and center Matt Rogers.
• Chicago waived guard John Lucas III, guard Kyle Weaver and forward Roger Powell.
• Dallas released guard Dee Brown, guard Rashad McCants, forward/center Sean Williams and guard Adam Haluska.
• Denver exercised their option on the contract of guard Ty Lawson through the 2011-12 season.
• Philadelphia exercised their third-year contract option on G Jrue Holiday and their fourth-year contract option on Marreese Speights. Waived forward/center Trent Plaisted and guard Chris Quinn.
• Phoenix exercised their fourth-year contract option on center Robin Lopez.
• Washington waived forward Adam Morrison and center Sean Marks.
Wednesday, Oct. 20
• Atlanta released forward Evan Brock, guard Richard Delk and forward Ricardo Marsh.
• Detroit requested waivers on guard Vernon Hamilton and forward Ike Diogu.
• Golden State waived guard Aaron Miles.
• Minnesota requested waivers on guard Jason Hart and forward John Thomas.
• San Antonio exercised the fourth-year contract option on guard George Hill.
Tuesday, Oct. 19
• New Jersey exercised contract options on center Brook Lopez and guard-forward Terrence Williams for the 2011-12 season.
• San Antonio waived forward James Gist.
• Cleveland waived guard Danny Green.
Monday, Oct. 18
• Houston waived guard Antonio Anderson, forward Mike Harris, forward Alexander Johnson and guard Jerel McNeal.
• Indiana exercised the contract options on guard Darren Collison and forward Tyler Hansbrough.
Friday, Oct. 15
• Charlotte waived guard Javaris Crittenton.
• Sacramento waived forward/center Connor Atchley, guard Joe Crawford and forward Marcus Landry.
Thursday, Oct. 14
• Denver named Pete D'Alessandro advisor to the executive vice president of basketball operations.
• Washington waived guard Kevin Palmer.
Wednesday, Oct. 13
•Cleveland waived guard Cedric Jackson and forward Tasmin Mitchell.
• New Orleans signed center D.J. Mbenga.
Monday, Oct. 11
• Golden State waived forward Vernon Goodridge.
• Memphis waived forward Luke Jackson, guard Tre Kelley and guard Kenny Thomas.
• Phoenix waived guard Chucky Atkins.
• Portland signed center Steven Hill.
• San Antonio waived guard Kirk Penney.
Friday, Oct. 8
• Houston named David Patrick personnel scout.
• Philadelphia waived guard James Florence.
Thursday, Oct. 7
• Golden State waived guard Cheyne Gadson.
• Sacramento named Shareef Abdur-Rahim assistant general manager.
Wednesday, Oct. 6
• Chicago waived forward Chris Richard.
• Milwaukee waived forward Keith Gallon.
• New Jersey waived guard Eddie Gill.
Monday, Oct. 4
• Chicago agreed to terms with center Joakim Noah on a multi-year contract extension.
• Sacramento waived guard J.R. Giddens and guard Donald Sloan.
Saturday, Oct. 2
• Cleveland waived center Greg Stiemsma.
Friday, Oct. 1
• Orlando exercised their contract option on forward Ryan Anderson through the 2011-12 season.
Thursday, Sept. 30
• L.A. Lakers waived guard Anthony Roberson and center Russell Hicks.
• Minnesota requested waivers on forward DerMarr Johnson.
Wednesday, Sept. 29
• Golden State exercised their third-year contract option on guard Stephen Curry for the 2011-12 season.
• New Jersey waived forward Andre Brown.
Tuesday, Sept. 28
• Charotte signed center Matt Rogers.
• L.A. Clippers exercised their fourth-year contract option on guard Eric Gordon and their third-year option on forward Blake Griffin.
• San Antonio signed guard Kirk Penney.
Monday, Sept. 27
• Dallas signed forward Brian Cardinal, guard Dee Brown and guard Adam Haluska.
• Golden State named Keith Smart coach.
• L.A.Clippers signed center Jarron Collins, center Jake Voskuhl, forward Marqus Blakely, guard Stephen Dennis and guard Jon Scheyer.
• Philadelphia signed guard James Florence, forward/center Trent Plaisted and guard Chris Quinn.
• Utah re-signed center Kyrylo Fesenko.
Friday, Sept. 24
• Charlotte named Chris Whitney director of player development.
• Cleveland named David Griffin vice president of basketball operations, Michael Blackstone executive director of basketball operations, Derek Millender assistant strength and conditioning coach, Stephen Spiro assistant trainer and Kwame Graves-Fulgham video Coordinator. Promoted David Henderson to director of east coast scouting, Wes Wilcox to director of player personnel, Trent Redden to basketball operations manager/scout, Dan Vincent to assistant video coordinator and Larisha Whatley to player programs and team services manager.
• L.A. Lakers signed guard Anthony Roberson, guard Trey Johnson, center Andrew Naymick and center Russell Hicks.
• Memphis signed guard Xavier Henry and guard Greivis Vasquez to multi-year contracts.
• New Jersey signed guard Eddie Gill and forward Andre Brown.
• New Orleans signed guard Jannero Pargo and forward Pops Mensah-Bonsu.
• San Antonio named Jacque Vaughn assistant coach.
• Washington signed forward Andray Blatche to a five-year contract extension. Exercised their fourth-year contract option on center JaVale McGee.
Thursday, Sept. 23
• Dallas signed forward Steve Novak.
• New York signed forward Shawne Williams.
• Philadelphia traded guard Willie Green and forward/center Jason Smith to New Orleans for forward Darius Songaila and forward Craig Brackins.
• Phoenix signed coach Alvin Gentry to a contract extension through the 2012-13 season.
Wednesday, Sept. 22
• Cleveland signed forward Jawad Williams to a one-year deal.
Thursday, Sept. 15
• Orlando signed forward Malik Allen.
• Toronoto signed forward Ronald Dupree.
Wednesday, Sept. 14
• Atlanta signed guard/forward Pape Sy.
• New Jersey signed forward Stephen Graham to a two-year contract. Named Doug Overton player development coach and Robby Hoenshel assistant trainer and director of sports rehabilitation.
• Utah signed center Francisco Elson.
Thursday, Sept. 9
• Chicago named Ron Adams, Andy Greer, Rick Brunson and Adrian Griffin assistant coaches.
Wednesday, Sept. 8
• New Orleans signed guard Mustafa Shakur.
• Atlanta named Nick Van Exel assistant coach.
• Golden State signed guard-forward Rodney Carney.
Tuesday, Sept. 7
• New Jersey waived forward Sean May.
• Orlando named Adonal Foyle director of player development.
Wednesay, Sept. 1
• Boston signed guard Delonte West
Friday, Aug. 27
• Denver Named Masai Ujiri executive vice president of basketball operations.
• New York signed forward Patrick Ewing Jr.
Thursday, Aug. 26
• New York signed forward Landry Fields
• San Antonio named Danny Ferry Vice President of Basketball Operations
Thursday, Aug. 19
• Charlotte signed center Kwame Brown to a one-year contract.
Thursday, Aug. 19
• Milwaukee signed guard Earl Boykins to a one-year contract.
Wednesday, Aug. 18
• Dallas re-signed forward Tim Thomas.
Tuesday, Aug. 17
• Orlando announced the retirement of center Adonal Foyle.
Monday, Aug. 16
• Cleveland signed forward Samardo Samuels.
• Detroit signed guard/forward Tracy McGrady to a one-year contract.
Sunday, Aug. 15
• Denver waived guard Coby Karl and center Brian Butch.
Friday, Aug. 13
• Detroit signed guard Terrico White to a two-year contract.
Thursday, Aug. 12
• L.A. Clippers named Dave Severns director of player development and Dean Demopoulos, Marc Iavaroni and Robert Pack assistant coaches.
• L.A. Lakers signed forward Devin Ebanks.
• Philadelphia named Rod Thorn team president. Announced team president and general manager Ed Stefanski will remain as general manager.
• Portland named Bill Branch and Steve Rosenberry assistant general managers.
Wednesday, Aug. 11
• Chicago signed guard/forward Keith Bogans.
• Indiana acquired guard Darren Collison and forward James Posey from New Orleans. Traded forward Troy Murphy to New Jersey, who traded guard Courtney Lee to Houston. Houston traded guard/forward Trevor Ariza to New Orleans.
• Toronto trades guard Marco Belinelli to New Orleans for forward Julian Wright.
• L.A. Lakers re-signed guard Shannon Brown.
• New York announced Isiah Thomas has rescinded his consulting agreement with the team.
Friday, Aug. 9
• Minnesota signed forward Anthony Tolliver to a two-year contract.
Friday, Aug. 6
• Charlotte agreed to terms with guard Sherron Collins on a two-year contract.
• New York named Isiah Thomas as a consultant.
• Oklahoma City signed center Cole Aldrich.
Thursday, Aug. 5
• Memphis signed guard Acie Law to a contract
• Phoenix named Lance Blanks general manager.
• Utah signed general manager Kevin O'Connor to a contract extension.
Wednesday, Aug. 4
• Boston signed center Shaquille O'Neal.
• Cleveland promoted Wes Wilcox to director of pro player personnel and Trent Redden to basketball operations manager/scout.
• Detroit re-signed center Ben Wallace to a two-year contract.
• Phoenix signed guard Matt Janning to a multiyear contract.
Tuesday, Aug. 3
• NBA announced Brian McIntyre is stepping down as senior vice president for basketball communications to become senior communications advisor to the commissioner. Promoted vice president for basketball communications Tim Frank to senior vice president for basketball communications.
• Boston signed guard Von Wafer.
• Denver declined to extend the contracts of vice president of basketball operations Mark Warkentien and vice president of player personnel Rex Chapman.
• Miami signed guard Eddie House to a two-year contract.
• Minnesota waived guard Delonte West.
• New Jersey named Roy Rogers advance scout, Bob Ferry and Frank Zanin scouts and Danko Cvjeticanin international scouting coordinator.
• Orlando re-signed guard Jason Williams.
Monday, Aug. 2
• Miami signed guard Patrick Beverly.
• Phoenix signed forward Gani Lawal.
• Portland signed guard Armon Johnson.
Friday, July 30
• Cleveland signed forward Joey Graham.
• Washington signed forward Josh Howard to a one-year contract and forward Kevin Seraphin to a four-year contract.
Thursday, July 29
• Atlanta re-signed center Jason Collins.
• Cleveland named Paul Pressey, Chris Jent, Jamahl Mosley and Joe Prunty assistant coaches.
Wednesday, July 28
• Atlanta named Kenny Gattison assistant coach.
• Houston traded center David Andersen to Toronto for cash and a future second-round draft pick.
• Minnesota signed center Nikola Pekovic.
• L.A. Clippers re-signed forward Rasual Butler.
Tuesday, July 27
• Miami re-signed forward Shavlik Randolph.
• Portland named Bernie Bickerstaff, Bob Ociepka and Buck Williams assistant coaches.
Monday, July 26
• Atlanta signed forward Josh Powell.
• Boston re-signed guard/forward Marquis Daniels.
• Chicago signed forward/center Kurt Thomas.
• Minnesota traded guard Ramon Sessions and forward Ryan Hollins and a future second-round pick to Cleveland for guards Delonte West and Sebastian Telfair.
• New Jersey named Bobby Marks assistant general manager.
• Phoenix waived forward Taylor Griffin.
• Toronto signed forward Linas Kleiza to a multiyear contract.
Friday, July 23
• Cleveland signed guard-forward Christian Eyenga.
• Sacramento signed guard-forward Antoine Wright and guard Pooh Jeter.
• San Antonio signed guard James Anderson.
• Minnesota president of basketball operations David Kahn fined $50,000 for inappropriate comments about F Michael Beasley. The team was also fined $50,000 for Kahn's remarks.
Thursday, July 22
• Golden State signed guard C.J. Watson and traded him to Chicago for a 2011 second-round draft pick.
• L.A. Lakers signed forward Matt Barnes to a two-year contract and center Theo Ratliff to a one-year contract.
• Indiana signed guard Lance Stephenson to a multiyear contract.
• Miami signed guard Carlos Arroyo.
• Oklahoma City signed general manager Sam Presti to a multiyear contract extension.
• San Antonio signed guard Gary Neal.
Wednesday, July 21
• Golden State signed guard Jeremy Lin.
• Houston matched Cleveland's offer sheet on guard Kyle Lowry and signed Luis Scola to a multiyear contract.
• Oklahoma City signed guard Royal Ivey to a contract.
• Minnesota signed guard Luke Ridnour to a four-year contract.
• Milwaukee traded forward Darnell Jackson and a 2011 second-round draft pick to Sacramento for forward Jon Brockman.
• Philadelphia signed center Tony Battie.
• Portland signed guard Wesley Matthews.
• San Antonio re-signed guard Richard Jefferson.
Tuesday, July 20
• Charlotte signed guard Shaun Livingston to a contract.
• Miami signed forward Juwan Howard.
• Houston agreed to a three-year deal with forward Brad Miller.
Monday, July 19
• Dallas re-signed forward Dirk Nowitzki to a four-year contract.
• L.A. Clippers re-signed forward Craig Smith.
• Miami re-signed guard James Jones and center Jamaal Magloire.
Saturday, July 17
• Houston agreed to terms with center Brad Miller on a three-year contract.
• Miami signed center Zydrunas Ilgauskas.
Friday, July 16
• Chicago signs guard Ronnie Brewer to a three-year contract.
• Boston agreed to terms with guard Nate Robinson.
• Miami signed center Joel Anthony and center Dexter Pittman.
• Orlando matched Chicago's three-year offer sheet to guard J.J. Redick.
Thursday, July 15
• Boston re-signed forward Paul Pierce to a four-year contract.
• Chicago named Scottie Pippen ambassador.
• Denver signed forward Al Harrington to a five-year contract.
• Denver signed guard Anthony Carter and forward Shelden Williams.
• Golden State announced Chris Cohan agreed to sell the franchise to Boston Celtics minority partner Joe Lacob and Mandalay Entertainment CEO Peter Guber.
• Miami signed forward Mike Miller to a five-year contract.
• Utah agreed to terms with guard Raja Bell on a three-year contract.
Wednesday, July 14
• Cleveland signed guard Kyle Lowry to an offer sheet.
• L.A. Lakers agreed to terms with guard Derek Fisher.
• New Jersey named Billy King general manager.
• Phoenix acquired forward Josh Childress from Atlanta for a 2012 second-round draft pick. Acquired forward Hedo Turkoglu from Toronto for guard Leandro Barbosa and forward Dwayne Jones.
• Philadelphia signed guard Evan Turner.
• Indiana named Clark Kellogg vice president for player relations.
• Houston matched Cleveland's offer sheet to guard Kyle Lowry.
Tuesday, July 13
• Charlotte traded center Tyson Chandler and center Alexis Ajinca to Dallas for center Erick Dampier, forward Eduardo Najera, guard Matt Carroll and cash considerations.
• Chicago signed forward Kyle Korver and center Omer Asik.
• Dallas signed guard Dominique Jones and center Ian Mahinmi.
• Golden State signed guard Anthony Morrow and traded him to New Jersey for a 2011 second-round draft pick.
• Memphis signed guard/forward Tony Allen to a three-year contract.
• New Orleans announced the resignation of Jeff Bower general manager.
• Orlando signed guard/forward Quentin Richardson to a three-year contract.
• San Antonio agreed to terms with forward Matt Bonner.
• Utah acquired forward/center Al Jefferson from Minnesota for center Kosta Koufos, Memphis' protected 2011 first-round pick and an additional future protected first-round pick.
• Washington signed center Hilton Armstrong.
Monday, July 12
• New York signed guard Raymond Felton to a contract.
• Golden State signed forward Dorrell Wright to a multiyear contract.
• Miami signed forward Udonis Haslem to a five-year contract.
• Minnesota acquired forward Michael Beasley from Miami for a 2011 and 2014 second-round draft picks and cash considerations. Signed center Darko Milicic, forward Wesley Johnson and forward Lazar Hayward.
• San Antonio signed center Tiago Splitter.
Sunday, July 11
• New Jersey agreed to terms with guard Jordan Farmar.
Saturday, July 10
• Cleveland signed forward LeBron James and traded him to Miami for two future first-round draft picks and two future second-round draft picks.
• Miami signs guard Dwyane Wade and forward Chris Bosh to six-year contracts.
• New Jersey signs center Johan Petro to a multiyear contract.
• L.A. Clippers signed forward Al-Farouq Aminu and guard Eric Bledsoe.
Friday, July 9
• Atlanta signed guard Jordan Crawford.
• Charlotte agreed to terms with forward Tyrus Thomas on a five-year contract.
• Chicago signed and traded the contract of forward Hakim Warrick to Phoenix for a 2011 second-round draft pick.
• Dallas re-signed center Brendan Haywood to a six-year contract.
• Golden State acquired forward David Lee from the New York Knicks for forward Anthony Randolph, forward Kelenna Azubuike, forward Ronny Turiaf and a 2012 second-round draft pick.
• L.A. Clippers signed forward Brian Cook.
Thursday, July 8
• Atlanta re-signed guard Joe Johnson to a six-year contract.
• Boston re-signed forward Paul Pierce to a four-year contract and guard Ray Allen to a two-year contract.
• Chicago signed forward Carlos Boozer. Traded guard Kirk Hinrich, the rights to forward Kevin Seraphin and cash considerations to Washington for the draft rights to forward Vladimir Veremeenko.
• L.A. Clippers signed guard Randy Foye and forward Ryan Gomes.
• L.A. Lakers signed guard Steve Blake to a four-year contract.
• New Jersey signed forward Travis Outlaw to a five-year contract.
• New York signed forward Amar'e Stoudemire to a five-year contract.
• Memphis re-signed forward Rudy Gay to a five-year contract.
• Milwaukee re-signed guard John Salmons to a five-year contract. Signed forward Drew Gooden to a five-year contract. Traded the draft rights to 2010 second-round pick Jerome Jordan to New York for cash considerations. Signed forward Larry Sanders to a multiyear contract.
• Oklahoma City re-signed forward Kevin Durant to a five-year contract. Acquired forward Morris Peterson and the draft rights to center Cole Aldrich from New Orleans for the draft rights to forward Craig Brackins and forward Quincy Pondexter.
• Orlando signed guard Chris Duhon to a four-year contract.
• Phoenix re-signed forward Channing Frye to a five-year contract. Signed forward Hakim Warrick to a four-year contract.
• Sacramento signed center Hassan Whiteside.
Wednesday, July 7
• Sacramento signed center DeMarcus Cousins.
Tuesday, July 6
• Detroit signed center/forward Greg Monroe.
• L.A. Clippers agreed to terms with Vinny Del Negro to become the coach.
Friday, July 2
• Boston signed guard Avery Bradley.
Thursday, July 1
• New Jersey signed Ben Uzoh and Brian Zoubek.
• Philadelphia named Michael Curry associate head coach and Brian James and Quin Snyder assistant coaches.
• Utah signed Gordon Hayward and Jeremy Evans.
|Shaq says he plans on watching LeBron's return to Cleveland|
|Injured Haslem wants to help lead Heat however he can|
|Big Z ready for anything in his return to Cleveland|
|Howard, Nowitzki collect Player of the Week honors|
|Boozer practicing with Bulls after hand injury|
|James, Heat coach Spoelstra have pregame meeting|
|Shaq gets times mixed up, misses Celtics practice|
|Bogut, Delfino, Gooden out for Bucks|
|Wizards' Wall out with bruised knee again vs. Miami|
|Anthony's double figure scoring streak ends|
|The Jump: John Todora|
The guys talk with John Todora, who's the co-owner of Florida bar that has an interesting deal for Miami Heat fans.
|3D What Did You See?|
Dennis Scott breaks down his top moments of the past week.
|NBA Unscripted: Floor Leader|
Boston's Rajon Rondo is stepping into his own as one of the elite point guards in the NBA.
|Greater Than AIDS|
The NBA is joining Greater Than AIDS to mobilize NBA fans and local communities in response to AIDS in the United States.
|Play of the Day|
One lucky fan nails the halfcourt shot in Dallas.
|Fast Break of the Night|
The Heat show off their version of Showtime in Miami.
|Monday's Top 10|
One lucky fan makes the top 10 even sweeter on this Monday night in the NBA.
|Assist of the Night|
Jason Kidd shows off his no-look expertise with this great pass to Caron Butler.
|Block of the Night|
Jeff Green never gives up on the play ad gets the chasedown block for OKC.
|Dunk of the Night|
Russell Westbrook displays his tremendous power wth this one-handed slam down the lane.