Landfill Methane Outreach Program
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Landfill Methane Outreach Program (LMOP) is a voluntary assistance program that helps to reduce methane emissions from landfills by encouraging the recovery and beneficial use of landfill gas (LFG) as an energy resource. LFG contains methane, a potent greenhouse gas that can be captured and used to fuel power plants, manufacturing facilities, vehicles, homes, and more. By joining LMOP, companies, state agencies, organizations, landfills, and communities gain access to a vast network of industry experts and practitioners, as well as to various technical and marketing resources that can help with LFG energy project development.
- November 29 - Agenda posted for 14th Annual Conference!
- October 27 – New Colombia Landfill Gas Model
- October 25 – Fall 2010 Issue of the LMOP Gasette Available
- September 15 - New State Resource Page
- September 15 - Thirty-Six Governments Meet in Mexico on Greenhouse Gas Reductions, Clean Energy
- August 18 - LFGcost-Web Version 2.2