Home > About Continental > Global Alliances > SNCF - French National Railway
Effective August 15, 2010, Continental will discontinue its Codeshare relationship with SNCF-French National Railway. SNCF will continue to accept ticketed codeshare customers for travel through December 31, 2010. Customers with codeshare tickets for travel beyond this date, who have not already received a call from Continental, should contact Continental Reservations in the U.S. or Canada at 1-800-231-0856, in France at 01 42 99 09 09 or at one of our worldwide reservation numbers.
SNCF-French National Railway (www.sncf.com) has joined services with Continental Airlines at Paris/ Charles de Gaulle International Airport (CDG) to provide seamless plane and high-speed TGV connections as well as the ability to earn frequent flyer miles. Through an air/rail codeshare, SNCF provides connecting service on TGV. You can transfer easily at Paris/Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) between Continental transatlantic flights and SNCF TGV high-speed rail services to and from fourteen destinations throughout France.
SNCF TGV operates from the railway station between Terminals 2C and 2F.
Frequent Flyer Benefits
Effective August 15, 2010, SNCF French National Railway will no longer participate in the OnePass program. Miles may continue to be earned on valid codeshare tickets through August 14, 2010.
Continental OnePass members traveling on codeshare segments in conjunction with Continental flights will earn Continental OnePass miles. Earn a 50% mileage bonus for first class train travel. OnePass will automatically credit 500 miles to your account for each TGV segment or the actual segment miles, whichever is greater.
> View complete mileage accrual information
Airport Lounge Benefits
SNCF does not operate any airport lounges.
TGV is a high-speed train that travels at 300 km/h (approx. 180 mph) and offers a multitude of services and destinations in France and Europe. TGV travel is very comfortable and offers a wide range of services designed to make the journey pleasant.
There is one meal car or bar per train that offers a wide range of hot and cold meals and drinks. Select trains are equipped with vending machines, and TGV passengers can also purchase magazines and newspapers on board. Additional information on TGV can be found at www.tgv.com
After collecting checked bags from the baggage claim area in Paris/ Charles de Gaulle (CDG), customers should proceed to the TGV Station and check-in at the tgvair ticket position 11. In other stations, check-in at the tgvair ticket counter. Here customers can exchange their Travel Agent or Continental-issued ticket for a TGV ticket.
Customers should use the orange validation boxes located on the platform to validate their TGV ticket before boarding the train.
Continental Airlines Check-In
Customers must check-in at the Continental Airlines check-in counters at the departure airport.
Service is offered for connecting itineraries only on select SNCF TGV between Paris/ Charles de Gaulle (CDG) airport and the following train stations in France:
- Angers St Laud (QXG)
- Avignon TGV (XZN)
- Bordeaux St Jean (ZFQ)
- Le Mans (ZLN)
- Lille-Europe (XDB)
- Lyon Part-Dieu (XYD)
- Nantes (QJZ)
- Nimes (ZYN)
- Poitiers (XOP)
- Rennes (ZFJ)
- St Pierre des Corps/Tours (XSH)
- Marseille St Charles (XRF)
- Montpellier St Roch(XPJ)
- Valence TGV (XHK)
- A valid photo identification is required for all customers.
- Customers are responsible to provide all necessary travel documents for international travel.
- Check-in at least 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure for all SNCF TGV-operated train segments. Please review the Airport Processing Times for your Continental-operated flights.
- For questions regarding your return train/flight segments, please contact Continental Reservations in the U.S. or Canada at 1-800-231-0856, in France at 01 42 99 09 09 or at one of our worldwide reservation numbers. Air/train segment changes must be made through Continental Airlines.
- It is necessary for customers connecting from a Continental flight in Paris/ Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) to SNCF TGV to claim all baggage before proceeding to the SNCF station.
- Baggage acceptance services is not provided by SNCF. Customers should retain all baggage until flight check-in.
- Unaccompanied Minors are not allowed to travel on SNCF TGV codeshare itineraries.
- Oxygen service is not available on any SNCF TGV codeshare itineraries.
- Customers requiring wheelchair assistance should contact Continental Reservations in the U.S. or Canada at 1-800-231-0856, in France at 01 42 99 09 09 or at one of our worldwide reservation numbers. Note: only one wheelchair docking position is allowed per train at an additional charge.