Babson College -
231 Forest Street
Babson Park, MA 02457
Additional contact information
Babson College, located in Wellesley, Massachusetts, is recognized internationally for its entrepreneurial leadership in a changing global environment. Babson grants BS degrees through its innovative undergraduate program. It grants MBA and custom MS and MBA degrees through the F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business at Babson College. Both programs are accredited by the AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. Additionally, Babson offers distinct executive education programs to help companies reach their strategic goals: Custom Degree and Credit Programs, Consortium Programs, and Open-Enrollment Programs.By infusing the spirit of innovation into our academic programs, Babson educates leaders capable of anticipating, initiating, and managing change. Moreover, the College continues to be recognized for its curricular reform.
- Babson’s groundbreaking undergraduate curriculum has garnered a leadership award from The Pew Charitable Trusts for taking “bold steps to reshape undergraduate programs.”
- Babson’s flagship course, Foundations of Management and Entrepreneurship, was recognized by the United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship as having the most innovative entrepreneurship education course in the country.
- The College received the Theodore M. Hesburgh Award for its “Reinvention of Undergraduate Business Education.”
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Babson’s MBA program #1 in entrepreneurship for the 15th straight year.
- Babson Executive Education has been ranked among the top executive education schools worldwide by both the Financial Times and BusinessWeek.
In the 2007-2008 academic year, more than 1,800 undergraduate and 1,600 graduate students attended Babson, representing more than 45 states and 57 countries. About 20 percent of the undergraduates and 16 percent of the graduate students are from outside the United States.
The Babson campus consists of 370 acres of woods, rolling hills, and carefully landscaped grounds. Highlights include the following.
- The Arthur M. Blank Center for Entrepreneurship provides a dynamic home for Babson's world-famous entrepreneurship program and for the Center for Women's Leadership.
- F.W. Olin Hall is a four-story, light-filled structure with a soaring atrium.
- Donald W. Reynolds Campus Center is the home of the bookstore, the Office of Campus Life, mailroom, Student Government Association, Campus Activities Board, Bernon Center for Public Service, Crossroads Cafe, Information Desk, Credit Union, and Woody's Coffee Bar. The building also includes meeting rooms, the Global Lounge, vendor carts, student retail spaces, commuter lockers, ATMs, and an outdoor patio—all located at the heart of the campus!
- Near Reynolds are the Richard W. Sorenson Center for the Arts and the Glavin Family Chapel.
- The Richard W. Sorenson Family Visual Arts Center provides students with a space to pursue their talents and explore their interests.
- Horn Library is home to the library, the Horn Computer Center, and the Stephen D. Cutler Center for Investments and Finance.
Click here to take the virtual tour of our lovely campus.
Babson is committed to educating students from diverse backgrounds, and we will do all we can to make it financially possible for qualified students to attend Babson by distributing grants, loans, and merit-based scholarships. In recent years, Babson has met between 98 and 100 percent of undergraduate students who demonstrated financial need; the total amount awarded from all sources was over $24 million. Approximately $4 million in financial assistance was awarded to MBA students.
The undergraduate curriculum integrates core competencies, key business disciplines, and the liberal arts into foundation, intermediate, and advanced-level courses. The competencies are rhetoric; quantitative and information analysis; entrepreneurial and creative thinking; ethics and social responsibility; global and multicultural perspectives; and leadership and teamwork; and critical and integrative thinking. Based on feedback from leading corporate executives, the curriculum is structured around these competencies to ensure that students develop varied skills, and are better able to adapt to an ever-changing business environment.
All first-year students participate in the Foundations of Management and Entrepreneurship, a yearlong immersion into the world of business where student teams develop, launch and liquidate their own for-profit ventures. Babson teaches accounting, economics, finance, marketing, operations, and organizational behavior in an integrated series of courses. As part of the Advanced Program, students design their own learning plans and concentrations, which can consist of upper-level elective courses in liberal arts and management, field-based experiences, and co-curricular activities.
The F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business at Babson College cultivates entrepreneurial thinking that students can apply in start-up ventures and the corporate environment. There are four degree programs that prepare students to become superior managers and able to meet the needs of progressive organizations.
The accelerated one-year, full-time MBA program is designed for students who have an undergraduate degree in business and at least two years of post-graduate work experience. The full-time two-year program features a modular curriculum that integrates the functional disciplines of business into one cohesive program. The Evening MBA part-time program provides an integrated learning approach to the key functional areas, which students can immediately apply to their work. As the first-of-its-kind, Babson’s part-time Fast Track MBA program combines traditional on-site classroom instruction with distance learning components. The program enables students to earn their MBA degree in just 24 months while still working. More about our MBA programs >>
Babson Executive Education
Babson Executive Education is ranked among the world’s best executive education providers. Organizations across the globe and from key industries choose Babson for progressive and flexible solutions that leverage the global business and teaching expertise of faculty, industry experts, and partners. Babson Executive Education’s client-centric solutions include a strategic blend of education, consulting, coaching, and research to enable Clients to analyze challenges, develop solutions, and implement strategies to meet their goals. For more information, visit: www.babson.edu/bee.
Babson College and Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering—two independent colleges—are collaborating to create significant academic, cocurricular and administrative opportunities. The partnership makes perfect sense: Babson has the nation's premier program in entrepreneurship. Olin anticipates becoming the model for engineering education in the 21st century. Together, the partnership between the two colleges will strengthen the business and entrepreneurial skills of Olin's engineering students, and Babson's students will have the opportunity to broaden their knowledge of technology-based business.
Babson College, the top-ranked college for the study of entrepreneurship, Wellesley College, one of the country’s premier liberal arts colleges, and Olin College, one of the country’s leading engineering colleges, have formalized a collaborative agreement that builds on their geographic proximity and complementary curricula to explore the synergies in the schools’ three missions. The three colleges plan to build on existing initiatives and explore new academic, social and business relationships. Examples include joint research and curricular projects, common centers to coordinate conferences and programs, and shared services. At the same time, the institutions hope to break new ground in interdisciplinary studies and projects. More
Babson Park, MA 02457