Home
FAQ
SupremeBytes

Board index » Support » Sn0wBreeze

Post subject: 3GS 4.0.1 old Bootrom Spirit2pwn = bricked phone. Any Ideas?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:57 pm

I followed Dino7's tutorial on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2SLY8Vk9SM

The first thing he mentioned was that iPhone 3GS users on the old bootrom had to install Spirit2pwn. once I installed spirit2pwn, my phone crashed and I can't seem to get any response from it. It is just completely black and won't let me roboot. I've also tried to get it in DFU mode, but it just remains completely black.

When I plug it into my computer and open iTunes seems to recognize it and says I'm in recovery mode and that I need to restore.

I have my SHSH files saved on 4.0, 4.0.1, and 4.0.2. I used TinyUmbrella to save them and when I open TinyUmbrella it says I can safely restore to 3.1.3 and 4.0.

I've downloaded and tried to restore to both of these firmwares, but no matter what I try, I get the following iTunes error message:

The iPhone "my phone's name" can not be restored. An unknown error occured (1394).

Any ideas on what I can try????

Post subject: Re: 3GS 4.0.1 old Bootrom Spirit2pwn = bricked phone. Any Id
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:38 pm

I had exactly same situation ....

1/ 4.0 ... Jailbreakme.com
2/ Spirit2Pwn ... failed ... blick ... and completely black
3/ iTunes said Recovery mode
4/ so Restore & Upgrade (to 4.1)
5/ every thing is all right but no Jailbreak yet .... waiting for Greenp0ison :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:19 am

Fish wrote:
I followed Dino7's tutorial on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2SLY8Vk9SM

The first thing he mentioned was that iPhone 3GS users on the old bootrom had to install Spirit2pwn. once I installed spirit2pwn, my phone crashed and I can't seem to get any response from it. It is just completely black and won't let me roboot. I've also tried to get it in DFU mode, but it just remains completely black.

When I plug it into my computer and open iTunes seems to recognize it and says I'm in recovery mode and that I need to restore.

I have my SHSH files saved on 4.0, 4.0.1, and 4.0.2. I used TinyUmbrella to save them and when I open TinyUmbrella it says I can safely restore to 3.1.3 and 4.0.

I've downloaded and tried to restore to both of these firmwares, but no matter what I try, I get the following iTunes error message:

The iPhone "my phone's name" can not be restored. An unknown error occured (1394).

Any ideas on what I can try????

I had the same problem, I believe error 1394 is related to apple not signing the firmware when your restoring,

have you added 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com to your hosts file?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:47 am

follow my thread!!

this is the same that happened to a bunch of us

and next time don't listen to DINO jailbreakme and 3gs's old boot DON'T WORK WITH SN0WBREEZE 2

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3368

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:07 pm

Thansk Apollo, I have been following your thread, but even following the suggestions in your thread, I haven't been able to restore. I still just can't get my 3GS (old bootrom) out of it's completely black screen.

My phone is competely black and I can't get a response from it no matter what I try. The only glimmer of hope is that when I connect it to my computer I hear the chime so it seems to recognize it. When I open iTunes I get a message letting me know the phone is in recovery mode and that I need to restore:

I have edited my host files to point to Saurik's servers:

I have downloaded and tried to use several firmware versions (3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0 and 4.0.1). I was on 4.0.1 and have my SHSH files saved for 4.0, 4.0.1 and 4.0.2. When I use Tiny Umbrella it says I can safely restore to 3.1.3 and 4.0 so I have been trying to restore to those versions the most. No matter how many times I try I always get an error message in iTunes like this:

The error message always says the same thing, but it will sometimes have different error numbers (28, 1600, 3002, 3014, etc...)

I have also tried to run TinyUmbrella's TSS servers and then restore in iTunes, but that didn't help either. I have no idea what to try next other then just restore to factory 4.1 and lose my Jailbreak and ability to unlock.

Any ideas what I should try???

THANKS !!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:53 pm

apollo_1444 wrote:
follow my thread!!

and next time don't listen to DINO jailbreakme and 3gs's old boot DON'T WORK WITH SN0WBREEZE 2

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3368

apollo_1444

I'm tired of reading your post not to listen to me when infact you clearly didn't read what I wrote!!!

Spirit2pwn does work on 3.x not on 4.x which is WHAT I WROTE
I have and many others that READ my guide used it with Success.
-MUST downgrade 3gs old boot to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3
-jailbreak
-run Spirit2pwn - IT WILL RUN AND WILL NOT PUT YOU INTO DFU MODE
-Shift restore to custom firm

Plus Spirit2pwn does work with jailbreakme it has nothing to do with the jailbreak and everything to do with the firm. Its a code based flash to your NOR based on the 3.x firm coding.

This has now been done over and over again WITHOUT any errors........ Enough of you already, you dont know what you are talking about...

EDIT: Myabe you're talking about Dino7 and not me in which case I apologize

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:16 pm

Fish wrote:
Thansk Apollo, I have been following your thread, but even following the suggestions in your thread, I haven't been able to restore. I still just can't get my 3GS (old bootrom) out of it's completely black screen.

My phone is competely black and I can't get a response from it no matter what I try. The only glimmer of hope is that when I connect it to my computer I hear the chime so it seems to recognize it. When I open iTunes I get a message letting me know the phone is in recovery mode and that I need to restore:

I have edited my host files to point to Saurik's servers:

I have downloaded and tried to use several firmware versions (3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0 and 4.0.1). I was on 4.0.1 and have my SHSH files saved for 4.0, 4.0.1 and 4.0.2. When I use Tiny Umbrella it says I can safely restore to 3.1.3 and 4.0 so I have been trying to restore to those versions the most. No matter how many times I try I always get an error message in iTunes like this:

The error message always says the same thing, but it will sometimes have different error numbers (28, 1600, 3002, 3014, etc...)

I have also tried to run TinyUmbrella's TSS servers and then restore in iTunes, but that didn't help either. I have no idea what to try next other then just restore to factory 4.1 and lose my Jailbreak and ability to unlock.

Any ideas what I should try???

THANKS !!!!

The last post doesn't have anything to do with my problem that I posted about so I'm trying to get the thread back on track and not a pissing contest over wether or not sipirt2pwn works. In my situation it put my phone into a stuck DFU state (I'm learning now because I was on 4.0.1), but why it happened isn't going to help me now :)

Now I need to figure out a way to get my phone to restore?

Any ideas?

THANKS!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:26 pm

I had the exact same issue followed all the steps. Ended up with a brick. What I finally ended up doing was upgrade to 4.1 to get my phone back up but then using tinyumbrella and 4.0 firmware I was able to downgrade back and then rejailbreak with jailbreakme.com. I am not sure why but I couldn't get the 4.01 firmware to work so I had to use 4.0. After several hours I am back to where I started but at least I still have a jailbreak.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:54 am

dinobravo6 wrote:
apollo_1444 wrote:
follow my thread!!

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3368

apollo_1444

I'm tired of reading your post not to listen to me when infact you clearly didn't read what I wrote!!!

Spirit2pwn does work on 3.x not on 4.x which is WHAT I WROTE
I have and many others that READ my guide used it with Success.
-MUST downgrade 3gs old boot to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3
-jailbreak
-run Spirit2pwn - IT WILL RUN AND WILL NOT PUT YOU INTO DFU MODE
-Shift restore to custom firm

Plus Spirit2pwn does work with jailbreakme it has nothing to do with the jailbreak and everything to do with the firm. Its a code based flash to your NOR based on the 3.x firm coding.

This has now been done over and over again WITHOUT any errors........ Enough of you already, you dont know what you are talking about...

EDIT: Myabe you're talking about Dino7 and not me in which case I apologize

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2SLY8Vk9SM

hmm your video is a failure then, there in your video it clearly says "any firmware" not just that but your video before that the one that supposed to prepare us to the jailbreak said it... it is written on your instructions same as "idedicate" ones. its ok dude i know there are risks by doing this, nothing that a good o'l restore can't fix... next time be a big guy and accept there was a goddamn glitch in your video there are tons of threads because of this not just mine or my case

even the tyiphonehelp guy blew it there

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/65mq8k

...now that there is more information on this i know that i need to be in 3.x frmw I can't downgrade to a 3.x state I don't have shsh blobs for that, maybe a "jailbreakme2pwn" of sorts could work? lol I don't know if this is even posible msftguy sait it might on the #ih8sn0w channel on irc.. who knows.. i'm just gonna wait for greenp0ison

EDIT: I'm refering to the Dino smartass from the videos and twitter, if its not you...then you clearly know more than him and i apologize

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:42 am

Fish wrote:
The last post doesn't have anything to do with my problem that I posted about so I'm trying to get the thread back on track and not a pissing contest over wether or not sipirt2pwn works. In my situation it put my phone into a stuck DFU state (I'm learning now because I was on 4.0.1), but why it happened isn't going to help me now :)

Now I need to figure out a way to get my phone to restore?

Any ideas?

THANKS!!!

Hi Fish.

I had your same exact problem and now my iPhone is back on track without having to upgrade to official 4.1 (which disables unlock).

Try following my thread:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3360

Hope it helps.

Options

Jump to: