ActuateOne: Built on BIRT
Learn about the power of three: BIRT-powered applications and services that provide organizations with BI solutions for every user, from the mail room to the boardroom.
Applications built with ActuateOne provide users with one user experience
regardless of task, tool or skill level; are supported by one server
with a set of services to support any deployment and are built with one design
using BIRT. ActuateOne provides organizations with a quick time to market and the ability to grow with success.
ActuateOne introduces new products to its suite of Rich Information Application-ready tools, a complete BI solution built on BIRT. The latest release—Actuate 11—includes numerous new features, products and more than 40 enhancements, extending the value of the Actuate BIRT product suite by providing:
- 64-bit, in-memory analytics
- Live Excel® exports
- Print/export Flash® output in PDF files
- Agile access to virtually any data source
- An improved design interface
- User-created analytical and operational dashboards
- New mobile options
- Access to document print streams
- More interactive content for diverse user styles
Major changes to the Actuate BIRT environment include:
- Unified BIRT engine: Single common engine for interactive data visualization and OLAP
- Unified data access: Multi-layered and multi-sourced
- Unified metadata layer (Optional): EII-powered with incremental updating and caching
- Unified deployment server architecture: Disseminate information to a single or a million users both inside and outside the firewall
- Unified, open API: Access and integrate any content created by the platform into existing applications
ActuateOne products provide users with a common interface and a common report design, making it possible to work across the organization with minimal effort. The product suite is engineered for rapidly developing and deploying custom BI applications and rich information applications that leverage BIRT, a leading open source Eclipse project founded and co-led by Actuate. BIRT is the premier development environment for presenting data to users from multiple, disparate data sources in compelling visualizations.
Products offered in the ActuateOne suite include:
BIRT User Experience:
- Ad Hoc Reporting – BIRT Studio: Browser UI for creating, modifying and viewing BIRT content
- BIRT Viewer: Simple UI for users to view BIRT content.
- BIRT Interactive Viewer: Presentation UI that allows users to view and modify their content.
- Dashboards – BIRT 360: Application for creating operational and analytic dashboards using BIRT content, content from other feeds, supplied widgets from ActuateOne, Google widgets and other third-party content.
- Mobile Options: Smartphone application options for viewing BIRT content anywhere, anytime, on nearly any device, including iPhone and iPad.
- Analytics – BIRT Data Analyzer: Powerful in-memory analytics that allow users to analyze data from virtually any data source.
BIRT Designer: Developer UI for creating BIRT templates, reports and more.
ActuateOne offers the following server options:
BIRT iServer is built to scale as businesses grow and offers a variety of phased-in services that can be added as needs and requirements change. It can be implemented in a variety of ways, providing the level of services required in deployment options designed to meet any requirement:
Actuate offers additional product options:
- BIRT Performance Scorecard: Industry leading, fully featured performance management solution that supports strategy maps, scorecarding and KPI initiatives at all levels.
- Xenos Print Stream Transformation: Transforms print streams, mitigates risk, achieves compliance and reduces the challenges of document accessibility.
- BIRT Spreadsheet: Automates and centralizes spreadsheet production, maintenance, archiving, and security, eliminating version discrepancies and curbing the proliferation of multiple silos of Excel® workbook data.
- e.Reports: Provides the most discerning users with brochure-quality, on-demand reporting documents designed for presentation.
Want to learn more about our company?
Please contact an Actuate expert at 1-800-914-2259 (US or Canada) or contact us by email. You can also contact one of our offices worldwide.