Broome-Tioga Employment and Workforce Solutions

 
 

      

 

Ever think about starting your own Business?

 Entrepreneurial Assistance Program (EAP) Spring 2011

60-Hour Training Program

Click here for application

 

Interested in Jobs in ENERGY?

The Center For Energy Workforce Development has developed content on Energy jobs

CLICK HERE to find out more

 


Check out NYS's new job search website!

We are changing from AmericasJobExchange (AJE) to http://www.laborny.jobs.


The NEW New York State Job Bank is now found at www.laborny.jobs
All services available thru this site are free to all employers/jobseekers.   We are confident this website will provide you the most local job opportunities.


Please Note: Americas Job Exchange will no longer be hosting the NYS job bank and
businesses and jobseekers that continue to use AJE services as of that date will be charged fees

 
  
 

HOT JOBS!
(updated weekly-- for the most up-to-date info
click here)

Position:

Employer:

Location:

 

Hot Jobs will return soon from www.laborny.jobs

www.Laborny.jobs is the NEW New York State Job Bank and replacement to AJE.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click here to see all hot job listings


 

                        Hot Links!                       

Preparing For A Career Fair

The New Resume: Dumb and Dumber

Employers Have Facebook Too 

  


 

                   GAS DRILLING                
There are new employment options opening up in Gas Drilling operations. Search these websites for "Gas Drilling" related employment opportunities for more information! 

www.chk.com

 www.ultirecruit.com

www.rainforrent.com

SOS Staffing 
www.sosstaffing.com

www.cabotog.com/employment.html

 

 

Express Pros

www.expresspros.com 

 

 

 


 


HEALTH SUBSIDY INFO FOR DISLOCATED WORKERS

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA), as amended on December 19, 2009 by the Department of Defense Appropriations Act (2010 DOD Act), provides for premium reductions for health benefits under the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) of 1985. The 2010 DOD Act extended the COBRA premium reduction eligibility period for two months until February 28, 2010 and increased the maximum period for receiving the subsidy for an additional six months (from 9 to 15 months). Eligible individuals pay only 35 percent of their COBRA premiums, and the remaining 65 percent is reimbursed to the health coverage provider through a tax credit. Eligible individuals must have been involuntarily terminated from their jobs between September 1, 2008 and February 28, 2010. The premium reduction applies to periods of health coverage that began on or after February 17, 2009, and the premium reduction lasts for up to 15 months.

 

The U.S. Department of Labor’s (DOL) Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA) has a dedicated Web site that explains the COBRA extension (www.dol.gov/ebsa/cobra.html).


 


Going Green:
10 hot green job industries in 2010

 

Learn about the GREEN Future

 


 

Visit our new and improved Resource Room. We have remodeled our facility to provide you with quick and easy access to all of our services.

  

Broome County Workforce New York Center
171 Front Street, Binghamton, NY 13905
Tel: (607) 778-2136 • Fax: (607) 778-3011 

 

  

Slideshow