Tritonman

My Home Theater

Well, here is my Home Theater. Ive spent many long hours in creating it from scratch. The basement was originally concrete slab and some of the worst panneling I have ever seen in my life. I gutted everything and started working. There is still a lot of work to be done of course..but someday I may actually be finished...NOT!

I always seem to be doing work on it so if you are interested check back to see updates.

Last updated:11/03/2005

This is a before picture of the HT in one of its stages.

This was taken before the new furniture came. The speakers you see in the pic are my "old" Home Theater Direct Level III's

As is looks now based on the date in the bottom right corner :)

Same picture as the other one just more shutter so its brighter.

The 'ole seating sweet spot pic. The sweet spot is about 18' away from the screen

This is what the In-wall rack started out as..a nice lovely HOLE!

Most of the equipment in it now. Still obviously need much touch up and finishing

This is the inwall rack i am currently working on. It need to be touched up paint wise and trimmed out of course..but you get the general idea. The bookshelf juts out a good 5 inches..so my next project is to build all new bookshelves to blend in nicely

New DIY screen frame to replace my crappy 106" pulldown. The new screen is 109 1/2"

New middle shelf to go in between the bookshelves. Was made out of Birch. Still needs to be stained and the nails need some wood putty etc.

Here is the middle shelf to get an idea of how it will look. I am building all new bookshelves to match the center so it flows nicely together. Still needs to be sanded and stained of course. You can also see the new DIY screen almost done. Measuring 109 1/2" There is a custom center channel stand which goes inside the shelf. It was made out of Birch as well, with 8 braces inside and filled with 50 pounds of sand to eliminate resonance. Hurts your back just to lift it :)

Cable TV Tuner

• Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD DVR

DVD Player

• Sony ES DVP-CX777ES
  • Sony DVP-CX995V (coming very soon)

Misc Equipment

• Pronto TSU-3000 (remote)
  • RFX6000 PRONTO RF EXTENDER
  • Art 351 31 Band 1/3 octave EQ (x2)
  • Behringer DSP-1124P Parametric EQ
  • Slim Device Wireless SqueezeBox

Projector

• Sony VPL-HS20
  • DIY 109 1/2" screen

Receiver

• Sony ES STR DA-5000ES

Speakers

• Polk Audio RTi10 (Fronts)
  • Polk Audio CSi5 (Center)
  • Polk Audio FXi3 (Rears)
  • Polk Audio FXi5 (Soon to be purchased for 7.1)
  • SVS 20-39PCi (Sub) (Soon to be replaced by SVS PB12-ISD/2)

dealer locator press & partners site map contact us employment about polk investor relations privacy policy Polk Audio Facebook Page Polk Audio Youtube Page
Copyright© 2012 Polk Audio    All Rights Reserved