Wikileaks

Overview from Wikipedia

Wikileaks is an international organization, based in Sweden, It has won a number of new media awards for its reports.

Wikileaks went public in January 2007, when it first appeared on the Web.

Wikileaks states that its "primary interest is in exposing oppressive regimes in Asia, the former Soviet bloc, Sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East, but we also expect to be of assistance to people of all regions who wish to reveal unethical behavior in their governments and corporations."

In January 2007, the website stated that it had over 1.2 million leaked documents that it was preparing to publish.

Sun Articles(...)

Blog & Opinion

The WikiLeaks Equation

Dec 28, 2010, 01:16:14 PM ET

By Clint Hendler Call it the Year of WikiLeaks. From April 5, when the site posted a grainy video showing the death of two Reuters employees from a...

Terry Glavin: More blood for Julian Assange

Dec 28, 2010, 10:26:43 AM ET

1. Zimbabwe's attorney general plans to set up a commission to investigate possible treason charges against locals over briefings with U.S...

Computer platforms with the biggest buzz will be the biggest malware targets in 2011

Dec 28, 2010, 02:02:22 AM ET

There will be no shortage of computer security threats for 2011. Among the most prominent will be new threats to geolocation services, mobile...

Has Facebook Topped Google?

Dec 28, 2010, 12:20:46 AM ET

Has Facebook Topped Google? is a post from Chris Pirillo. . According to at least one source, Facebook received more UK Internet visits than...

Articles From Around The Web

A good leader shows integrity

Dec 28, 2010, 12:01:54 PM ET

When I am asked, "What is the leadership lesson from the Wikileaks mess?" I reply with advice that I got from my dad. . When I am asked, "What is...

Publisher confirms Julian Assange book deal

Dec 27, 2010, 07:27:49 PM ET

Publisher confirms Assange book deal which WikiLeaks founder says could be worth more than $1MWikilkeaks founder Julian Assange says he's being forced...

WikiLeaks Creator Seals Million Dollar Book Deal

Dec 27, 2010, 11:36:07 PM ET

The controversial creator of WikiLeaks is making headlines again.. . A publisher confirms he has sealed a million dollar book deal with Julian...

Assange memoir to give full details of WikiLeaks

Dec 27, 2010, 11:27:36 PM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange's new memoir will give a full account of his life and the secretive group that has leaked large...

WikiLeaks Founder To Write Autobiography

Dec 27, 2010, 07:12:06 PM ET

LONDON - WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange says he's penning an autobiography to keep his organization from going under.. . New York publishing ...

Subscribe to SwarmJam's DailyJam for a chance to WIN a trip for two to Jamaica! »

Are you ready for the Holidays? Take our quiz to see how prepared you are »