(NOTE: Obsolete Web page! For current projects see the new DSD web page )
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
The Net100 project is a DOE/MICS sponsored High-Performance Networks Program project to develop a network-aware operating system. Visit the official Net100 website at net100.org.
The Net100 collaboration includes:
- PSC and the web100 team and their TCP tuning guide
- ORNL (Tom Dunigan, Nagi Rao, Bill Wing) See their net100 page
- LBNL ( Brian Tierney, Jason Lee, Martin Stoufer)
The LBNL component of Net100 is called the "Network Tools Analysis Framework (NTAF)". NTAF allows one to easily define network experiments on a mesh of test hosts by specifying what network measurement tools to run, how often to run them, and where to send the results. NTAF runs the tests and sends the result to an archive service for historical analysis.
and Progress Reports
|Results and Demos:||
LBNL's Major Milestones and Activities
The principal deliverable from LBNL is the "Network Tools Analysis Framework", or NTAF. LBNL will also help test data intensive applications over the net100 test environment.
- Instrument iperf , pipechar , and GridFTP using Web 100 TCP-KIS and NetLogger.
- Begin analysis of which monitoring tools will be required for network-aware operating systems.
- Generalize end enhance existing LBNL tools to create the core NTAF framework. Analyze Web100 autotuning of GridFTP using NTAF(Network Tools Analysis Frame work).
- Install web100 host at LBNL (done , host=net100.lbl.gov; 9-01)
- Deploy NetLogger, enable, pipechar, netarchd, and other LBNL test tools on all net100 hosts (done)
- Integrate Net100 tools into HPSS transfer protocols (HSI).
- Instrument and integrate new network tools as they become available.
- Analyze impact of tuned applications on non-tuned applications and impact of parallel streams.
- Integrate with other monitoring projects.
We hope that this work will find its way into the following projects:
- Continue to analyze Web100 autotuning with Grid applications.
- Continue to analyze impact of tuned applications on non-tuned applications.
Net100 Project Progress Reports:
LBNL Net100 Private Area (password required)
NTAF installation / configuration information
Last modified: Thursday, 28-Aug-2003 11:47:55 PDT
DIDC home page