Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Pages (3):    12 3    Next ›
Universal Module
Oct 29, 2010

Hello. I'm in school and I'm having trouble with a photo assignment. I'm going to do a 10 to 15 shot photo narritive of a doctor meeting an injured criminal at an abandoned building. I live in the East Bay in Alameda county not far from San Francisco and I need some good suggestions for old buildings in the area. So any CA goons please help, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the dad farm
Dec 06, 2005

Goin on down to the dad farm to see some dads dad'n around doin dad stuff. dad.

you can come to my squatting place for your homework op.

Smokey
Feb 08, 2008

brb a nigga gotta doo the dew

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

Have you ever been to new grounds? I haven't in years but I was reminded of this:
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1132728

I'm so happy I remembered it!

Gravel Gravy
Apr 03, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Smokey posted:

What's wrong with your faaaaaaace!?

Rinsed Boihole
Feb 25, 2007

i will just tell it in plain sentences: my life is the most cursed life on the earth and the most blessed(cursed-physical, blessed-spiritual)

OP you can shoot the photos on mah big sweaty man balls

They'er sweaty OP cum and getem

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Smokey
Feb 08, 2008

brb a nigga gotta doo the dew

A Plate Of Fried Chicken Is Ruining My Life

JaundiceDave
Jun 18, 2009

Rinsed Boihole posted:

OP you can shoot the photos on mah big sweaty man balls

They'er sweaty OP cum and getem

Agreed

Universal Module
Oct 29, 2010

Wow, didn't know it was going to be one of those threads.

Happy Go Lumpy
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Universal Module posted:

Wow, didn't know it was going to be one of those threads.

Why the gently caress not, you're in GBS, not Ask/Tell...

Tweek
Feb 01, 2005

I hope this results in a Mod Challenge wherein the OP has to meet with an actual criminal in an abandoned building and "bandage" him.

Abey Sinclair
Feb 14, 2002

gotta love me

Normally, I'd just ban you for posting a thread in GBS requesting for homework help, but you're in luck, Universal Module. Since I just so happen to live in the Bay Area & I loving hate low content threads - you're getting a Mod Challenge!

You have 96 hours from this post to complete one of the following challenges. If you fail to do so, I will personally beat the poo poo out of your forums account as hard as I possibly can. If you (or anyone else) submits a half-assed entry, I'll get really mad and have a temper tantrum with the mod control panel! However, if you successfully complete it, I will not only absolve you from my divine wrath, I'll also sticky this thread and direct the Bay Area Goon contingent to provide you with whatever logistical support they are capable of.

But Beware! If any other goon successfully completes one of the challenges before you do, I will let them decide upon your fate! These Internet Nonces are rude dudes that will probably be mean to you online! Do not let this occur! In addition, any goon that actually provides you with a suggestion as to how to best do your homework will be banned! Oh no!

The challenges are as follows.

1:) Thought Crimes

For this challenge, you are required to complete the said assignment, except the subject must be a Thought Criminal - someone guilty of committing illegal thinking. All 15 photos need to tell the story of a Doctor treating the brain bandit. The location doesn't necessarily need to be an abandoned building, but the location certainly needs to appear vacant. In all honesty, I have no idea how you're going to portray a mind crook, but I'm fairly certain that it's possible and funny.

I will also accept well rendered computer generated images, such as high quality Photoshops or Poser files.

2:) How To Slum (inspired by WET BUTT)

For this challenge, you are required to create a 6 to 10 minute video tutorial on How To Slum in the ghettos of your locale. For Universal Module, this means deep West or East Oakland - but any Goon is free to make do with their nearby urban blight. Do not front - clearly instruct your audience (people of privilege on the Internet) how to keep it real below their economic means. Please refrain from the use of any slang or ebonics in this YouTube How-To, and maintain an air of seriousness - ODB (RIP) didn't die so you could joke about the streets.

3:) The Schools For Fools (inspired by PRIMO POSTER!)

For this challenge, you are required to record a Vlog where you recreate the ending scene of The Breakfast Club to the best of your ability, word for word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv1I4q6lOpo

The video must contain you reading the full letter, word for word.

quote:

Dear Mr. Vernon, we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole saturday in detention for whatever it is we did wrong, but we think you're crazy for making us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us, in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out, is that each one of us is a

brain,

and an athlete,

and a basketcase,

a princess,

and a criminal.

Does that answer your question?

Sincerely yours,

The Breakfast Club.

In addition, you MUST portray yourself in costume as each of these stereotypes in the vlog: the brain, the athlete, the basketcase, the princess, and the criminal. You don't need to look like the actors, but you do need to convincingly represent each of the stereotypes.

I'll also award Forums Platinum (or an avatar cert) to the goon that does this challenge, and also best recreates the dance scene in a library.

You have 96 hours from this post. Good luck Universal Module, and I hope you eventually get the good suggestions you need!

Abey Sinclair fucked around with this message at Mar 11, 2011 around 05:12

Lareous
Feb 19, 2008

Deadpool is concerned by your shenanigans.

I knew this was coming. Too bad ESP isn't part of the challenge. The breakfast club one is interesting, I may try to get in on this.

Crash-Override
May 09, 2009

This poo poo is about to get very interesting.

The Rage
Jun 28, 2007

The only correct choice is the third choice.

Primo Poster!!!!
Dec 08, 2009

Read my hilarious and insightful blog.

The Rage posted:

The only correct choice is the third choice.
Bring it in, homie, bring it in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL4t1DuhjP4

minya
Sep 07, 2004

SUN RA WAS HERE IN HIS ELEMENT
he invited me back for a ride

do you live in berkeley dude

The Rage
Jun 28, 2007

Primo Poster!!!! posted:

Bring it in, homie, bring it in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL4t1DuhjP4

Universal Module
Oct 29, 2010

For this challenge, you are required to complete the said assignment, except the subject must be a Thought Criminal - someone guilty of committing illegal thinking. All 15 photos need to tell the story of a Doctor treating the brain bandit. The location doesn't necessarily need to be an abandoned building, but the location certainly needs to appear vacant. In all honesty, I have no idea how you're going to portray a mind crook, but I'm fairly certain that it's possible and funny.

I find myself intrigued. I accept your thought criminal challenge!

Universal Module
Oct 29, 2010

minya posted:

do you live in berkeley dude

Hayward

CrunchyTaco
Dec 25, 2007

It's like a fantasy, only real

~doo-da-doo-da-doo-da-da-da~

Universal Module posted:

I find myself intrigued. I accept your thought criminal challenge!

Don't take pictures you draw with like a pencil either. That's boring, I want to munch on popcorn while I see cool photos.

Alan Smithee
Jan 03, 2005

You'll never post in this town again

Ooh Abe challenge. OP, I really hate to encourage you but go to Richmond. Place is post-apocalyptic so I hear. Stay away from refineries or you will be sent to Guantanamo

Gtab
Dec 09, 2003
"seeing you waddle around in TF's shoes that are still too big for you after 3 hard years of triyng to make them fit is downright adorable" - Kommienzuspadt

MAYBE IF I KEEP POSTING SHIT, SOMEONE WILL FINALLY LOVE ME

I love Abenotes.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

If I may ask, who's ODB and how did he lose his life to the slums? Or did he just get banned?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

EVEN IN DEATH I STILL SWERVE

C-Euro posted:

If I may ask, who's ODB and how did he lose his life to the slums? Or did he just get banned?

Ol Dirty Bastard. I'd suggest you read a book sometime but that's exactly what your affluent, traditionally non-oral culture would love to do, isn't it?

Scudworth
Jan 01, 2005
they flipped the bitch!

C-Euro posted:

Trying to forget I read this

drunk asian neighbor
Jul 31, 2003

What Would Henry Rollins Do?

C-Euro posted:

Shame on a nigga.

FarmerHank
Jan 06, 2011

Zamboni Drivers
Have Rights

Damnit, so your saying I won't see a remake of The Breakfast Club?

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 04, 2011

C-Euro posted:

God made Dirt, and Dirt'll bust your rear end.

WickedIcon
Jan 03, 2011

If there was an :alleyes: emoticon I'd use that. This should be interesting.

vulgey
Aug 02, 2004

Covered in blood and without any clothes. Where is my mother?

FarmerHank posted:

Damnit, so your saying I won't see a remake of The Breakfast Club?

This is the worst tragedy of this thread. The Goon Club would be excellent. Fingers crossed someone does it before the OP gets his Thought Crimes thing in.

duckfarts
Jul 02, 2010

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Shame on a nigga.

C-Euro done fart in he own mouf

Don't go for thought crime - the thought crime is thinking about choosing anything but #3.

Kenning
Jan 10, 2009

I really want to post goatse. I wish I had 10bux

The Breakfast Club was just an okay movie.

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

I hear there's a good buck in that racket

Kenning posted:

I want to skullfuck you with a trident

dr go hog wild
May 10, 2002

im pretty good now that im 239,000 miles away from The Cure

C-Euro posted:

What the gently caress do kids even learn in school these days.

Y-Hat
Feb 10, 2007

Birdemic 2: Koholint Island

Kenning posted:

Are you just saying this to one-up the guy who asked who ODB is? Because this is a good way to do it.

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

And now we wash down our Kwanzaa cake with a few gallons of sweet, sweet vodka.

reflir posted:

I want to skullfuck you with a trident

I want to watch. You should dress like this -

and dress Kenning like this -

readingatwork
Jan 08, 2009

Probably neither reading nor working.

Damnit now I want to draw the thought criminal thing just for shits and giggles. Shame it wouldn't count though :/

Oh well. There's always the monthly illustration thread.

SpacePig
Apr 04, 2007

Don't you mean you hate...
THE MESZAROS?

I have never seen The Breakfast Club. I think I saw about 15 minutes of it on IFC once, and that was about it.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

Y-Hat posted:

Are you just saying this to one-up the guy who asked who ODB is? Because this is a good way to do it.

Maybe he just prefers 16 Candles???

Rate Thread:
Pages (3):    12 3    Next ›