Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Pages (4): ‹ Prev    1 23 4    Next ›
Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

neckbeard posted:

Maybe he just prefers 16 Candles???

Maybe he wasn't a fan of the entire Brat Pack and just loooved High Art?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Out of interest, has an OP ever completed a mod challenge to Abe's satisfaction? Off the top of my head I can't think of any.

Edit: Holy poo poo spelling mistake which has been quoted an embarrassing amount of times.

Abiggoat fucked around with this message at Mar 12, 2011 around 13:41

Lareous
Feb 19, 2008

Deadpool is concerned by your shenanigans.

Abiggoat posted:

Out of interest, has an OP every completed a mod challenge to Abe's satisfaction? Off the top of my head I can't think of any.

I was going to ask this same thing. I've seen people win them but never the OP.

Above Our Own
Jun 24, 2009

Abiggoat posted:

Out of interest, has an OP every completed a mod challenge to Abe's satisfaction? Off the top of my head I can't think of any.
I believe Storyteller managed to avoid getting banned by fulfilling a mod challenge. The whole thing was just terrible, so terrible.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Abiggoat posted:

There have been a few wildly successful Goons With Spoons mod challenges, but Abe didn't run all of (any of?) those. There was also that E/N thing Abe did where he asked pathetic people to volunteer for mod challenges. Finally, Abe completed his own mod challenge (more of a toxx clause) of eating his hat.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Abiggoat posted:

I think Webmaster77 "survived" his challenge, though I'd hardly call it "passing" and he ended up getting banned/laughed out of the forum a few weeks later for being completely ridiculous.

VV EDIT: As someone said, not the OP of that challenge. Still a classic.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at Mar 11, 2011 around 21:13

Kat Delacour
Jun 28, 2005
Cooler than Jack.

Twig and Berries (or something to that effect) was a successful mod challenge. Last I saw he was still using the pics as his avatar.

T. Finn
Aug 27, 2004

hey it's me dirk that's a nice post that you made welp bye

I hope you can't fulfill the challenge and get banned. cheers.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Agriff de Kostebenen

Abiggoat posted:

Triple Edit: Flasfucker was not the OP. It's worth a read and a good laugh.

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/com...r-fruit-hat.php

1st_Panzer_Div. fucked around with this message at Mar 11, 2011 around 21:10

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Sometimes, when the night cometh and the wind blows, you can still hear the sound of an ass scraping across the shingles.

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Triple Edit: Flasfucker was not the OP. It's worth a read and a good laugh.

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/com...r-fruit-hat.php

hooooly poo poo, how have I lived not having seen that one? That's the way a mod challenge should work.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Great Snakes!

SpacePig posted:

I have never seen The Breakfast Club. I think I saw about 15 minutes of it on IFC once, and that was about it.
You've seen 15 minutes more than I have. Then again I have a "Classic movies I haven't seen yet" list a mile long.

porcellus
Oct 28, 2004
oh wait, wrong chat window

Pansy. Make a vlog. I don't wanna see your dumb narrative photos!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Bookmarking this poo poo. SOMEONE DO BREAKFAST CLUB

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

BigHead posted:

There have been a few wildly successful Goons With Spoons mod challenges, but Abe didn't run all of (any of?) those. There was also that E/N thing Abe did where he asked pathetic people to volunteer for mod challenges. Finally, Abe completed his own mod challenge (more of a toxx clause) of eating his hat.

I was always saddened that goonlove is the best love had never gotten a proper conclusion to it. The hat one was fantastic though.

Good luck OP. The best mod challenges are where there is stuff competition!

The Steak Justice
Jul 16, 2009

You are amongst friends.

Abiggoat posted:

Wasn't there some fat guy who did a "sexy" photoshoot as a french maid and as a result passed his challenge?
I can't remember the thread, but I seem to recall that.

Also please watch the breakfast club. It's an important film about humanity and teenagers.

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

The Steak Justice posted:

Wasn't there some fat guy who did a "sexy" photoshoot as a french maid and as a result passed his challenge?

Wasn't that the high-heel shoes one?

Shugojin
Sep 06, 2007

PARROTFROG

The Steak Justice posted:

Also please watch the breakfast club. It's an important film about humanity and teenagers.

I recall that as well. I wish I did not, but I do.

Mizufusion
Jul 18, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

If I still lived in East Oakland, I might attempt this challenge. It is a truly terrible place to live, and it makes Berkeley look like loving paradise. I mean, I hate Berkeley too, but a lot less than East Oakland.

Taeke
Feb 02, 2010

Above Our Own posted:

I believe Storyteller managed to avoid getting banned by fulfilling a mod challenge. The whole thing was just terrible, so terrible.

I just read that thread, and honestly, wether he's a pedophile or not, I laughed my rear end off at the stories he posted.

I love mod challenges.

It ended at page 38, though, right before he was going to post his 20th thing, which would've been bigger than anything he did before. Kind of ruined it.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

LoL! Ketchup Ball, GO!

OP, just do the Breakfast Club one. I love that movie. The basketcase girl was always so pretty.

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

The Grimace posted:

OP, just do the Breakfast Club one. I love that movie. The basketcase girl was always so pretty.

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 01, 2010

I'm very, very tempted to do the Breakfast Club challenge, but I'm a bit confused by the request for it to be a blog. Would a shot-for-shot remake of the ending suffice?

Locutus Of Bored
Aug 20, 2009

A MAN WHO NEVER WOULD

I guess I should watch the Breakfast Club at some point so I can be more amused when someone chooses option 3

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 02, 2009

Dude lives in Hayward? He should've gone with #2 and shot it from his window.

Tann
Apr 01, 2009

Locutus Of Bored posted:

I guess I should watch the Breakfast Club at some point so I can be more amused when someone chooses option 3

I did this just now: it was good, go for it! I hope somebody chooses that option.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 05, 2006

Subtle product placement in MY GAME?

MY IMMERSION

Dr. Witherbone posted:

I'm very, very tempted to do the Breakfast Club challenge, but I'm a bit confused by the request for it to be a blog. Would a shot-for-shot remake of the ending suffice?

He says to recreate the ending scene but to work in dressing up as the various cliques.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

You rocket up the ECHELADDER to the
dizzying heights of the vaunted BOY-SKYLARK
rung!!! Your new feather is hard earned
and well deserved. And alarmingly fashionable.

Taeke posted:

I just read that thread, and honestly, wether he's a pedophile or not, I laughed my rear end off at the stories he posted.

I love mod challenges.

It ended at page 38, though, right before he was going to post his 20th thing, which would've been bigger than anything he did before. Kind of ruined it.

Yeah, I was wondering what happened. I was looking forward to number 20 too.

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 01, 2010

RagnarokAngel posted:

He says to recreate the ending scene but to work in dressing up as the various cliques.

Well, if I were to dress as the individual characters for the dance bit I think that would work.

Inspector_71
Oct 07, 2003

I used to be a little boy...

GnatKingCoal posted:

We don't talk about Aly Sheedy and Molly Ringwald anymore. It's our Ravenholm.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 09, 2007

Sometimes when the offense just sucks you have to get out back and push.

Inspector_71 posted:

You say this now, but you so would. I would.

genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

FORUMS SENIOR CITIZEN Ask me about:
joining the AARP; Social Security; prostate exams; why rock music is too loud; wearing orthopedic shoes and prescription pant

Inspector_71 posted:

Yes, it is surprising how much they have aged, since they were in that movie 27 years ago and have more than doubled their ages since then...

(poo poo, I just looked it up and Ally Sheedy is a few months older than me. She's not doing too badly, considering she's that old.)

Dr. Phildo
Dec 08, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,
The distance would not haunt me so

Ally Sheedy is so crazy fine I don't even care how old she is.

Ringworm was never all that.

Basic Beater
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Different? gently caress THAT you get a makeover.

Dad thinks you should keep your jock ways and that you could do better? Date a pretty girl but only after she gets a makeover!

Hate your parents? Want even more attention than being a prissy princess? Date a guy with a dark past, YOU CAN FIX HIM.

Dad's abusive? Nobody understands? Smoke pot, wear womens' jewelry, and stand up to the man!

Suicidal  Geek ends up alone.

I'd still hit Ally Sheedy if she made that sexy gruntsqueal.

The principal was the protagonist of that movie.

Volponi
Feb 09, 2008
Mrgh you know drugs are just what doctors give you to make you be a sheep, YOU GOTTA FIGHT THE MACHINE KEEP YOUR CLARITY RON PAUL '08

Basic Beater posted:

The principal was the protagonist of that movie.

Nope. Carl (the janitor) was.

The principal was a loser with only the barest cognizance of how pathetic he was; bitter and desperately reaching for self-validation by clinging to whatever petty power-trips he could pull on a captive teenage audience.

The rest of the main cast were a bunch of whiny emo pussies and poseurs.

Carl was cool. Carl didn't give a gently caress. Carl had his poo poo together and was the only one who saw the rest of them for who/what they really were.

Still, good movie. Would've been better with more Carl.

3 Tablets Daily
Jun 07, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Abiggoat posted:

I think it might be because it makes more sense to just pay the $10 re-reg fee and move on rather than spending many hours on a mod challenge, possibly humiliating yourself in the process.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

\

Abiggoat posted:

Off the top o... You just posted that to make a hat pun didn't you? Didn't you?!

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

I'd like the OP to post a second thread asking for help with the mod challenge.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

*For the CRASH! that BLAM!s

Basic Beater posted:

Different? gently caress THAT you get a makeover.

Dad thinks you should keep your jock ways and that you could do better? Date a pretty girl but only after she gets a makeover!

Hate your parents? Want even more attention than being a prissy princess? Date a guy with a dark past, YOU CAN FIX HIM.

Dad's abusive? Nobody understands? Smoke pot, wear womens' jewelry, and stand up to the man!

Suicidal  Geek ends up alone.

This right here is why I don't like the movie as a whole. A large portion of it is really good, though.

senae
Apr 03, 2010

3 Tablets Daily posted:

I think it might be because it makes more sense to just pay the $10 re-reg fee and move on rather than spending many hours on a mod challenge, possibly humiliating yourself in the process.

Tell that to that one guy that dressed his penis up like Midna from Zelda (and wasn't even the OP).

Surge Strip
Nov 02, 2005
Takin' hits

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

I'd like the OP to post a second thread asking for help with the mod challenge.

Ask and ye shall receive: http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...hreadid=3396060

Rate Thread:
Pages (4): ‹ Prev    1 23 4    Next ›