StarbucksEvery Mother Counts by Starbucks Entertainment
Starbucks releases exclusive companion CD inspired by "No Woman, No Cry" called "Every Mother Count"’ on April 12. $8 from the sale of each CD sold will be donated to CARE and Every Mother Counts.
Inspired by Christy Turlington Burn's documentary No Woman, No Cry, Starbucks sat down with Christy and together made a list of some of their favorite artists who are mothers as well, and invited them to contribute a song about motherhood. Spurred by the message, many went into the studio and recorded something exclusively for this CD to help raise funds for maternal health-relief efforts.
Starbucks will donate US $8.00 from the sale of each Every Mother Counts CD sold at participating Starbucks stores to CARE for its maternal health programs in coffee growing countries, and to help support maternal health relief efforts by Every Mother Counts.
- Leave Behind - Martha Wainwright
- Le loup, la biche et le chevalier (Une chanson douce) - Carla Bruni
- This Woman's Work - Gwyneth Paltrow
- Promise to Try - Madonna
- Children's Song - Patti Scialfa
- There and Back Again, Part 2 - Toshi Reagon and Bernice Johnson Reagon
- Sweet Lullaby - Angélique Kidjo
- Present/Infant (Remix) - Ani DiFranco
- Lullaby - Dixie Chicks
- Motherless Children (Acoustic) - Rosanne Cash
- Lullaby for Wyatt - Sheryl Crow
- One Step at a Time - Jennifer Lopez
- The Last Laugh - Karen Elson
- Petit Poulet - Sinéad O’Connor
- No Woman, No Cry - Martha Wainwright
To visit the Starbucks site, click here.