- Industry Links
- Helping you navigate the 21st century, Hyundai Heavy Industries
- ATI Defense, providing high strength, corrosion-resistant titanium, steel and specialty metal product solutions
- Click here to see Zorya-Mashproekt gas turbine and gearbox information
- Jane's is not responsible for the content within or linking from Industry Links pages.
First Improved Oyashio-class boat takes to the water
The first of three improved Oyashio-class attack submarines on order for the Japanese Maritime Self-Defence Force (JMSDF) was launched at Mitsubishi Heavy Industries' Kobe shipyard on 5 December.
At 84 m long and 4,200-tons submerged, Soryu is significantly larger than the original 11 Oyashio-class boats (81 m and 3,500 tons) in order to incorporate a Kockums Stirling air independent propulsion (AIP) system.
Components for the AIP, which will enhance the vessel's stealth and special operations capability, were supplied by the Swedish company for assembly in Japan. 86 of 190 words
- UK recruits cyber experts to protect key networks
- Secret Sanya - China's new nuclear naval base revealed
- Georgia reveals Didgori mine-protected vehicles
- US to retain SLAMRAAM for emergency use
- Images of mystery Chinese sub prompt more questions than answers
- UK/French helicopter gunships launch first strikes against Libya
- Pipavav makes history with Indian OPV contract
- US DoD revises long-term fixed-wing investment plan
- BAE Systems confident Typhoon AESA will proceed
- Chinese media 'officially' unveils J-15 carrier-based fighter