- "The net presents the last and greatest opportunity
we as a culture have ever had to avail ourselves of the truth. On the other
hand, it's also the greatest opportunity for the corporate mind to extend
control over people. The door has never been more wide open for more intricate
and sophisticated forms of fraud and deception and control" said Rense.
- During his radio show, Rense stays online and receives
a steady stream of email updates and world news items from people and resources
around the world - truly interactive radio for the next Millennium.
- "With us, talk radio has become talk - and see -
radio...and our listeners love it."
- Rense's world-renowned news service, www.rense.com, is
currently drawing over ten million total hits per month. Jeff personally
selects and/or edits every single piece of data on the site. New material,
coming from worldwide sources, is updated and posted on a daily basis.
- According to Rense, the web, even with its flaws, may
help successfully wean some of our culture off television, an entity Rense
calls "the most ruthless and overwhelming weapon of control and influence
ever unleashed on the planet, without question."
- "The Communist Chinese haven't missed the point
- their goal was to, by the year 2001, have a television in every home
in all of China - 1.2 billion people. They know." said Rense.
- Though his disillusionment with television stems from
his own first-hand experience within the medium, Rense's feelings are also
driven by his concern for children.
- "Some children watch television 30 hours or more
a week. The medium is so strong it actually turns these children into little
templates of uniform behavior. Kids nowadays are primarily a composite
of what they THINK they ought to be and what they're shown on TV to be
'cool', hip, trendy and stylish. Most children don't know who they really
are anymore." says Rense. "They don't have much of a chance.
How can you wake someone up when there's nobody home?"
- "I call this the 'Age of Irrationalism'; there is
very little pragmatic, critical thinking performed by the mass of America.
There are irrational responses because we are a reactive society. People
react to stimuli - that's the big game. They react to the images and sounds."
- And not just random images or sound - but ones engineered
to cultivate a response, most often a "buy" response. That same
aim at demographic slices of our culture in the mass media news has even
occurred in our public schools. Free classroom materials are produced by
64 percent of the 500 largest American industrial corporations. It's no
surpirse these "learning" materials concentrate on nutrition,
energy, environment, and economics - almost all supplied by industries
with a stake in their own answer to the problems posed in the materials.
- According to Rense, it gets even worse. Not only is the
message engineered to elicit a response, but it's fed to viewers who are
in "a trance-like alpha state induced by the flicker of the television
- "It's been demonstrated that well within two minutes
of watching television, most people enter a hypnotic alpha state bordering
on theta. Viewers in this state are no longer able to critically evaluate,
discern, or pass judgement from their own moral database on the material
being viewed. The information just flows, unimpeded, into their subconscious
year in and year out." said Rense.
- "Children watch violence and about every negative
thing you can imagine and it all goes right into the psyche where it is
permanently stored. By the time most of our young people are 16, they've
witnessed 8000 violent murders, and about 200,000 violent injuries on television
- and each one of those events has now become a part of that child's subconscious
- "Add to that this new era of 'non-accountability'
and you've got massive problems. Few people feel responsible any longer
- it's always someone else's fault. So you have irrationality and non-accountability,
and gross social irresponsibility. Combine all of that with the mass social
mind control perpetrated by the monopolies behind television and the mass
media, and, whether it's intentional or accidental, you have almost complete
control of a society and its people.
- According to Rense, practice for eventual participation
in all that subconscious violence is being performed by millions of children
every day - via violent video and computer games.
- "Children are no longer passively watching violence
and death and negativity, the are actually participating in a virtual sense,
they are killing and maiming and destroying in video games in a virtual
- So where's the line between virtual and real killing?
Rense feels that line has been, and is being, crossed often - as demonstrated
by the spate of recent school shootings and mass killings.
- "People see violence as a solution to crisis and
stress. So it's no wonder there's so much decay and grief in America."
- Proving this out, Rense challenges us to "Watch
the average children's programming on Saturday morning. Within one single
30-second commercial there are routinely over 50 different scenes of light-speed,
amphetamine-like video and video stimulation. Each commercial is aimed
at cracking into that child's subconscious. So now if you put that same
child alone in a room with a book, they want out fast - most don't know
how to read and are uncomfortable being alone with themselves; they just
want to get back to the incredible pacing...it's a drug."
- Despite the plethora of guests and the wide range of
topics, when asked what he personally feels is the greatest cause for concern
in our culture, Rense's response is less conspiratorial than mundane. The
- "The loss of our individuality and our ability to
critically think about and evaluate what we're seeing and experiencing."
- Coming from a man who, on a daily basis, tries to keep
our minds open to realities considered taboo by the mainstream media, that
answer is no surprise indeed.
- This feature article appeared in the Whole Life Times,
September, 1999. Kennedy Grey is a writer living in Los Angeles. His work
has appeared in WIRED, Red Herring, and Marketing Computers magazine.
- The Jeff Rense Program
- Powerful Prime Time Ratings - Remarkable Praise
- An Arbitron 20 SHARE Winner!
- The Jeff Rense Program continues to draw stellar Arbitron
ratings for its affiliate stations. Fall 2006 Arbitron numbers, for example,
show prime time listeners in Scranton, PA (#53 Market) gave Jeff a dominating
14 SHARE of the audience.
- Two earlier examples from the Arbitron Ratings: KSYG-FM
103.7 (100,000 watts) in Little Rock was #1 in its evening market with
Jeff pulling as high as a knockout 17 SHARE and Jeff led KTMS AM 990 in
Santa Barbara - after only one full Arbitron book - to an overall #1 in
the evening prime time 7-12 midnight time block with a stunning 20 SHARE
in a market of 13 stations. What makes these ratings even more remarkable
is that they occur during the weekday evening 7pm-1am time block against
maximum network competition and not during the overnight hours.
- "Astounding information! We get as many calls as
our number one daytime show, Don Imus. We have deliberately selected shows
that shy away from 'discussion' of the issues of the day (yawn) and look
for shows that are 'in your face.' You consistently amaze me how, night
after night, you can present such dramatic revelations. Thanks for making
our nights every bit as provocative and controversial as our daytime programming."
- -- KOTK 1080 AM Portland, OR
- "Tell the Program Directors you speak with to grab
their listeners and give them what they want: Jeff Rense! This is the ONLY
program available from 10 PM to 1 AM Eastern that counter programs everything
on the air. The content is fresh, entertaining, and sometimes unbelievable.
Jeff often strides into the same territory as Orson Welles' 'War Of The
Worlds' and our listeners are captivated by the story-telling."
- -- KRKO 1380 AM Seattle-Everett, WA
- "Jeff Rense is one of the most fascinating and informative
talk show hosts to ever hit the airwaves. With Jeff, we are now number
one in evening prime time with a 17 Share. He's a real audience builder!"
--B. Jay Kaplan, Program Director. "Jeff Rense has the most unique
program in radio, there is nothing else like it."
- --KSYG 103.7 FM Little Rock, AR
- "This guy is great! Jeff Rense is a refreshing,
invigorating talent who covers ALL the bases that any great national show
could. Amazing content! Our listeners are demanding more!"
- --KTKK 630 AM Salt Lake City, UT
- "We love this show! Our Arbitron numbers are way
up with the addition of Jeff's program to our evening line-up! We are really
happy with how he has begun to deliver the 18-49 audience which is where
I want to take our station."
- --KCOL 1410 AM Ft. Collins, CO
- "A truly great program! Jeff Rense has taken us
to the number one evening position in our market. He scored a stunning
Spring Arbitron 20 Share for Persons 25-54 in his prime time evening time
period. No other program even comes close to providing listeners with such
thought provoking material!"
- --KTMS 990 AM Santa Barbara, CA