Welcome to the AutoHotkey Wiki
AutoHotkey is an open source scripting language for Windows that can automate and customize almost any action on your PC.
- Use virtually any key, button, or combination as a hotkey for your keyboard, mouse, joystick, and handheld remote controls.
- Expand abbreviations as you type them using hotstrings.
- Easily create your own graphical user interfaces and custom menus.
- Convert any script into an EXE file that will run on computers without AutoHotkey.
- Manipulate files, text, and windows belonging to almost any program.
- Call functions inside a DLL, such as standard Windows API functions.
- All of this and more in a simplified syntax that makes learning easy for beginners while offering powerful features for advanced users.
If you’d like to contribute to this wiki, feel free. You may be interested in the links provided on the help page.