Joint Venture between BYD and Daimler Receives Business LicenseGeneva, Switzerland – March 1, 2011, "Shenzhen BYD Daimler New Technology Co. Ltd." has received its business license from Chinese authorities. The 50:50 Joint Venture between BYD Company Limited and Daimler AG will develop an electric vehicle in and for China.
Mr. Wang Chuanfu, Chairman and President of BYD Company Limited: "Our Joint Venture is making excellent progress. At the research and technology center in Shenzhen, the German and Chinese engineers, designers and other experts are very well aligned and will soon be joined by more colleagues from both partners. We all are eager to utilize the strengths of our two companies to create a new brand of electric cars in China.”
Dr. Dieter Zetsche, Chairman of the Board of Management of Daimler AG and Head of Mercedes-Benz Cars: “We've now got the green light to move ahead - and we are especially pleased to receive the business license just a few months after signing the contract. It will accelerate our joint efforts to create an all-new electric vehicle for the Chinese market."
The electric vehicle developed by the joint venture will capitalize on BYD’s excellence in battery technology and e-drive systems as well as Daimler’s know-how in electric vehicle architecture and safety. The vehicle will be marketed under a new brand jointly created and owned by BYD and Daimler.
The business licence follows the signing of the Joint Venture contract by Chairman Wang and Dr. Zetsche in Beijing on May 27, 2010.
- BYD sets up an R & D center in Hong Kong Science Park and starts R&D collaboration with APAS (Company News)
- BYD will Introduce All Electric Buses in Frankfurt (Company News)
- BYD Company presents proposal to introduce 100% electric vehicles in Santiago’s public transportatio (Company News)
- BYD Announces EV Fleet Results at Anniversary of Green-Taxi Project (Company News)
- Joint Venture between BYD and Daimler Receives Business License (Company News)
- BYD Electric Vehicle to Launch in Europe by Q4 2012 (Company News)
- BYD Introduces All-Electric Bus and Signs Agreement with Hunan Province for 1000 K9 e-Buses (Company News)
- BYD Green Dreams Light up Tibet (Company News)
- BYD Accomplishes the Launching Tour of M6 in Beijing (Company News)
- BYD e6 Achieves Fleet Distance Milestone – Over 600,000 Kilometers Logged (Company News)
- No comments at the moment