Original Air Date: October 8, 2010
Production No.: 304 (Season 3, Episode 4)
"The challenge of hope is to overcome corruption."
Written by Cameron Litvack
Directed by Giancarlo Volpe
Anna Graves as Satine Kryze and the Minister of Finance
Catherine Taber as Padmé Amidala and Minister
Corey Burton as Minister of the Interior, Dr. Zaz and Siddiq
Dee Bradley Baker as Moogan captain, Guard #1, and Superintendent
Julian Holloway as Prime Minister Almec and Guard #2
Gregory Baldwin as Moogan crew member, Mandalorian, and customs officer
Tom Kane as the narrator, police captain, and orderly
Synopsis: Padmé, on a diplomatic mission to Mandalore, guarantees the pacifist planet the Republic's full protection, but she and Duchess Satine soon find something sinister lurking beneath the planet's serene facade. Moogan smugglers have been sneaking in supplies, including bottled tea destined for the Mandalorian schools. To increase their profits, they have been diluting the tea with a hazardous chemical.
Returning Characters: Senator Padmé Amidala, Duchess Satine Kryze, Prime Minister Almec
New Characters: Moogan captain and smugglers; Doctor Zak Zaz; Siddiq; Mandalorian police captain; Mandalorian ministers
- The tall alien smugglers with the pharoah-like headdresses are called Moogans. None of the individual characters are named in this episode.
- The two unnamed politicians bickering in Satine's throne room are the Minister of Finance (the woman), and the Minister of the Interior (the man).
- True the cubist design prevalent throughout Mandalore, even their food is cube-shaped -- though Satine and Amidala's dinner plates also include the previously used fried nuna leg model.
- The doctor's full name, in the script, is Zak Zaz.
- The bottles of tea say "Ardees Beverage" on it, a nod to a drink established in Episode II. Originally, Obi-Wan was to order a cup of ardees in Dex's Diner, but that dialogue was changed to "Jawa Juice" before the movie's release.