Richard Schlesinger (CBS)
Richard Schlesinger is a correspondent for "48 Hours Mystery" and contributes to the "CBS Evening News" and other broadcasts.
He previously served as a full-time correspondent for "48 Hours" (1990-97), reporting on a wide range of topics, including innocent Americans behind bars, marriage and divorce in the 1990s and the middle-class recession. He was the sole reporter for "48 Hours: Death by Midnight," an in-depth profile of one convict facing the death penalty and for "48 Hours: Searching for a Cure," an unprecedented look at an experiment for a potentially groundbreaking new AIDS treatment.
Schlesinger was the reporter for "CBS Reports: "Enter the Jury Room," for which he won an Alfred I. duPont-Columbia University Award. The two-hour 1997 documentary, anchored by Ed Bradley, examined the American jury system and marked the first time network television cameras were given access to actual jury deliberations.
Schlesinger is the recipient of nine Emmy Awards.
He joined CBS News in 1984 as a reporter in its Miami bureau and covered stories throughout the southeastern United States and South America before becoming a correspondent in the CBS News northeast bureau (1987-90). He also served as an investigative reporter for the "CBS Evening News" and has been a substitute anchor for both morning news and weekend editions of the "CBS Evening News."
Before joining CBS News, Schlesinger was the Washington bureau chief for the Post-Newsweek television stations (1980-84). He had previously been a political reporter for WPLG-TV Miami (1976-80) where he won a Sigma Delta Chi Award.
He was born in New York and graduated from the University of Missouri in 1976 with a degree in journalism.
- Tausha Fields: Did she lure her ex to his death?
- Body of Lies
- Casey Anthony: Judgment Day
- Sneak peek: The Long Island Serial Killer
- 48 Hours Mystery: Body of Lies
- fugitive @ hotmail.com
- Sneak peek: Temptation
- Kidnapped: Shawn Hornbeck
- Caylee Anthony: The Untold Story
- 48 Hours Mystery: Up Next
- The Boy Next Door
- Casey Anthony: Judgment day
- Man charged with murder in cold case featured on "48 Hours Mystery"
- My Mother's Murder
- 48 Hours Mystery: The boy next door
- The Last Take
- Dodos on defense: Cheap hawks, profligate doves
- Clemens' lawyer gives hint star may not testify
- "Manhattanhenge" about to descend on NY
- Gordon Brown: Murdoch paper employed criminals
- Kid gets gay marriage in one minute, plays ping pong
- Texas woman gives birth to 16-lb., 1-oz. boy
- San Francisco on film: Days before the 1906 Quake
- Oklahoma City pharmacist Jerome Ersland gets life in prison for killing would-be robber
- Local lawmaker seeks to make "South California" 51st state
on CBS News