Hope this blog finds you well. I wanted to give you guys an update on the new record. First of all, I am super excited with how it’s turned out and I can’t wait to share it with you all. Above is what the cover is going to look like.
Here are the major things y’all need to know about the new record:
1. As you can see from the picture of the cover above, the title is “Heaven And Earth”
2. After much thought and deliberation the release date has been pushed back to NOVEMBER 17th. But, there will be a pre-sale thing we will be doing on this site that will allow you guys to hear some music before the actual release date, so stay tuned!!!
3. The 1st single off the record is called “Safe”. We chose this as the single because we feel that it’s message relates to many and never gets old. It speaks out to those that are hurting, those that are going through tough things. It’s a reminder that the God who brought sight to the blind and brought the lame to their feet is the same God who holds you in his arms today. It’s my sincere prayer that the simple message of this song would resonate in people’s hearts. I wrote it after a moving conversation I had with a man who told me his story. It was a story of God’s faithfulness during a struggling time. How God can turn things that seem so grim into things that give Him glory. Think of all those that Jesus healed and saved while he was on earth from great tragedy and sickness and even death. It gave people all the more reason to praise Him!
4. I am so honored that Bart Millard, who has become a good friend and is the lead singer of MercyMe, is a guest vocalist on the song “Safe”! This wasn’t planned, it just kind of happened and I’m thrilled with the result. In a way, Bart gave me my “start”, so to speak, when he believed enough in what the Lord was doing through my music to take me out on a MercyMe tour when I was just starting out. Now, three albums later, it was an amazing feeling to bring him into my sphere of things. I’m always amazed with how good that guy can sing!
5. As the next few weeks progress “Safe” will be presented to radio stations in hope that they might add it into their playlist of songs. These playlists are usually small and selective, and it helps A LOT when the stations are being contacted by local listeners who ask for a specific song. So when the time comes, I would ask whoever is willing to help out in that area, to call and request “Safe”…because it helps me very much to continue doing what I’m doing.
There will be more to come on all of this. But I just wanted to lay it all on the table for you guys. Thanks for reading, talk to you soon