To become the kind of players teams want,
people must develop discipline in three areas.
- Disciplined thinking team building days. Keep your mind active, and
always think about the right things.
- Disciplined emotions. Either you master your
emotions, or be mastered by them.
- Disciplined actions. Action separates the winners
from the losers. When people act on what they must do,
it is for the benefit of all those on the team.
Adding value to teammates is invaluable
Team members love a player who is able to inspire
them to become more successful. Team players who
enlarge their teammates share common characteristics:
- Enlargers value their teammates.
- Enlargers value what their teammates value.
- Enlargers add value to their teammates.
- Enlargers make themselves more valuable.
How do we become Enlargers?
- Believe in others before they believe in you.
- Serve others before they serve you.
- Add value to others before they add value to you.
Point out your teammates’ strengths, encourage and
motivate them out of their comfort zone, but within
their gift zone.