COMMUNITY

You are viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access.
Join now for free, and start interacting with The Old Republic community: ask questions, make replies, launch hot topics, communicate privately with other members, and access many other exclusive features.
Community Support
If you have any problems with the registration process or logging in please contact support.
SanguineSphinx
02.03.2011 , 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaKain
I actually prefer that system.
And we may as well get used to it, because it's what the Galaxy's using at the time of the game .
I tried leaving the forums. But the Sith Empire has returned!

DanielErickson
02.03.2011 , 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altyrell
Either way, before Daniel's post up there, it had always been more then 3 Years after and less then 10 Years after. Now it is 10 - 12 years after the Treaty
That's why we've always kept it a bit vague. The truth is that player characters don't start exactly in lockstep as far as the timeline goes. There are likely origins that start before the ten year cutoff but a decade or so is a good frame of reference.

Maybe "Not so long ago and not so far away"?

Hope that helps!

Daniel
Lead Writer
Star Wars, The Old Republic

CivicTiger
02.03.2011 , 01:56 PM
I'm a little confused.. does this mean all our player characters are no more than 10-12 years old?
Civic Tiger
RAGE
Valcyn

Bloodeye
02.03.2011 , 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicTiger
I'm a little confused.. does this mean all our player characters are no more than 10-12 years old?
yes

red droid for sale only 1 owner
AWARDS =
Quote:
rofl +1 internets to you

SanguineSphinx
02.03.2011 , 01:58 PM
Quote:
Are you referring to the "Most characters weren't adults during the war"? If so, then that would actually mean your characters are no more than 28-30 years old, assuming they have the same standard of adulthood as we do today.
I tried leaving the forums. But the Sith Empire has returned!

Reanor
02.03.2011 , 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielErickson
Hey folks,

We've always kept the end of the timeline a little vague since some origin stories start a little earlier than others, have more time pass during their stories, etc.

The window for the game start is about 10-12 years after the treaty of Coruscant. Most player characters weren't old enough to be adults during the last war but many of the people you'll interact with were. This is the next generation, watching the Treaty of Coruscant tear at the edges and wondering how long until the seemingly inevitable war to end it all begins.

Hope that helps!

Daniel
I am confused...

Sacking of Coruscant was a part of great Galactic War date for which is around 3653 BBY. Republic was forced into a treaty in 3653. If window for game is 10-12 years after the treaty shouldn't Coruscant be lieing in ruins? It looks very well rebuilt on screenshots from the game... Please help me understand this.
[ị▓ịΞΞΞ|▓|δ|█▉║███████████████████████████████>
www.keenforce.net

CivicTiger
02.03.2011 , 02:00 PM
right, okay thanks
Civic Tiger
RAGE
Valcyn

NovaKain
02.03.2011 , 02:04 PM
Quote:
What I read was that our characters would already be around as juveniles. Say they were born between 10-15 BTC (Before the Treaty of Coruscant)

Quote:
Most player characters weren't old enough to be adults during the last war but many of the people you'll interact with were.

Hattusil
02.03.2011 , 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reanor
I am confused...

Sacking of Coruscant was a part of great Galactic War date for which is around 3653 BBY. Republic was forced into a treaty in 3653. If window for game is 10-12 years after the treaty shouldn't Coruscant be lieing in ruins? It looks very well rebuilt on screenshots from the game... Please help me understand this.
Its 10 years after the war. They fixed all buildings in Gaza in 6 months so 6 planet controling republic can fix their capital in 10 years I guess

Altyrell
02.03.2011 , 02:13 PM
Quote:
That's why we've always kept it a bit vague. The truth is that player characters don't start exactly in lockstep as far as the timeline goes. There are likely origins that start before the ten year cutoff but a decade or so is a good frame of reference.

Maybe "Not so long ago and not so far away"?

Hope that helps!

Daniel
Ah ok, so basically some of the Classes might start before 10 Years after the Treaty was signed, while some will start after the 10 years. So for example, the Trooper & Smugglers would start at a date different then that of the Bounty Hunters/Imperial Agents? <Using those simply as an example and not trying to get any information as to when those Classes start.

Very interesting.
We are the Few, We are the Proud, we are the "Unofficial" TOR Forum Police
SGRSA-Contact-N-D-A-Questions for the Developers V2.0-My Holonet Idea-RoC-FAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakos
Welcome to Altyrell's Black Market Exchange, post what you're selling and someone will PM you asking about a price and location to do the deal.

Bioware LucasArts Rating Pending Privacy Policy